Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 18:44

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%
Default Help! Road Trip

Hi All,
We (me, husband, and 7 yr old son) are getting ready to drive and visit family over the holidays and go to Carrowinds. Any suggestions on restaurants and things to eat at a theme park? I've been doing well with no cheating so far, but this trip has me VERY nervous. 5 hours in a car without junk food - I've never done that before. Usually, I have a bag of chips, a lot of chocolate, all that stuff I threw in the trashcan when I started induction. I've warned family that when we visit, we are eatting differently and not to cook lots of pasta and bread etc. We can only eat out at steak places so many times in one trip! Please let me know of any ideas. I did stock up on Atkins Advantage bars, peanut butter cups, and almonds for the car with lots of bottled water any other ideas? Thanks so much for the help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 18:58

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

What about pork rinds for the car and take an ice chest filled with cheeses, meats, whatever you like...fajitas minus the tortillas at mexican places...just about any place should have a meat you can eat and a salad - just forgo the dressing...burgers without the bun....chef salad...taco salad-just don't eat the shell....I think you'll have a harder time sticking to this woe at your families' houses than at any restaraunt.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 19:05
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I did a 4 hour drive this weekend (one way) and I took some bars, a jar of macadamia nuts, cinnamon trident, some slim jims, some SF candy, beef jerky... in the end I way over planned it, had most of that stuff left when I got home, but I did do the driving there and halfway back, so I was not at liberty to snack the whole ride. LOL... You will be fine.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 19:29

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Thanks freckles and rishamoon for the ideas and support. I will take an ice chest so I can have cheese and stuff. I have just been trying soooo hard and Atkins has been working for me really well that I am over stressed that some how I am going to mess up all the work I've done so far. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't gain any on this trip. I'll let you know when I get back.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 22:43

Plan: Dr Bernstein
Stats: 195/175/170
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default road trip

I just got back from a 10,000 mile motorhome trip - despite the inactivity of just sitting and driving, and the cashew nut snacking, did not gain weight. I think the secret was a real egg and bacon breakfast every day, plus lots of hearty fatty meals (spam, rib steaks, sausage) so I never got hungry. I served hash browns and pizza and stuff to my family, but was never deprived/hungry enough to be tempted. Good luck to you. Bill