Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 03:52

Plan: CKD
Stats: 140/136/132
BF:
Progress: 50%
Question CKD Newbie afraid to carb...

After about a day of being in keto, I start to feel really crappy (very scientfic, right?) Anyhow, I feel kind lethargic, not very hungry, and just weak in general. I believe that it's a result of body adjusting to burning ketones instead of glucose. This lasts for about 2 days and then I feel fabulous again. Okay fine. The problem is though, that those 2 days are really tough for me. So the question is this... If I carb up after my depletion work out and knock myself out of keto for a day or so, will I have to go through the whole adjustment phase all over again? At this point, I'm almost afraid to carb up. I'm not having cravings or anything so I could easily take it or leave it, but I know that it's essential to retaining muscle and building strength.

Ideas anyone...

~Six
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 11:37
Contributing Member

Plan: CKD - TKD
Stats: 270/265/240 Male 70 in
BF:
Progress: 17%

that's a legitimate concern, but i can tell you it does get easier every time you get back into ketosis......i think after 2 or 3 weeks of CKD, i got use to it, almost to a point that i didn't really notice it. one thing is you can tell when your body's in ketosis but like i said, it's not as bad as the first few times. good luck

oh and welcome to the forum!

Last edited by ManoOPUS : Fri, Jun-20-03 at 11:38.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 14:47

Plan: CKD
Stats: 140/136/132
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks for the info!! I guess I'll just have to suffer through it. I have noticed that my adjustment phase is getting shorter though, just like you said. I'll have to make that my motivation!!