Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 07:12
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 211/201/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:37%
Progress: 15%
Default Up and Down

Just wanting to share - I started Atkins in February and have lost 20 lbs down one size.. I really need some support as I have been cheating on weekends. I have about 30 more to lose but I love my mich ultra on weekends. I know all I have to do is just get serious again. I did so good before summer - see I have a waverunner and every sunday me and my best friends get together and party on the water. Packing a low carb lunch on the water is difficult so I pack a publix sub. Any suggestions on foods that I may be able to pack and take w/me instead of the sandwich. So, far I have been maintaining my weight and even lose some with my one day splurge on beer and sandwiches.

My entire family is on atkins and is doing great! It has been difficult for me because I am very single and do go out and socialize. I want to do induction again but just don't know if I can live w/o my few beers on sundays.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 07:18

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I too seem to have fallen back into the habit of drinking on the weekends, my weight has been the same with no loss strictly due to this, so last night, I finished off the rum and am going to get strict with myself again. Why don't you make up some kabobs and take some tzaiki sauce to dip them into, they're good cold, some hard boiled eggs and cheese would be a good lunch to take on the boat--but I'm afraid the beer will only stall your weight loss even when considering carbs and calories - I know it's hard, but maybe when you see yourself beginning to lose again, it will inspire you not to drink. Good luck.

Vikki
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 07:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I buy 6 packages of La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas at a time and they are GREAT to have for sandwiches. I even use them for breakfast burritos, and also put sugar free peanut butter and jelly in them at times.

I'd use that and you can also make some rolled up ham and swiss, or other favorite lunch meat cheese combination.

The COOLEST thing is that when you stick to the plan strictly, you won't even WANT the bread, or be very hungry; so you won't miss it or be tempted by it.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 07:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/230/210
BF:
Progress: 33%
Unhappy

Sounds familiar! I have done the exact same thing ...on the last 2 Saturday nights I've drank Michelob Ultra and it has stalled my weight loss down tremendously. I have found that it takes until Wed or Thurs to start losing again. Unfortunately, it looks like for this to work, I'm going to have to forget about having any beer on weekends...we'll see how it goes
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 07:47
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 178.5/174/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default tortillas

wordlady~

what a great idea for using the tortillas - pb & j... i never tried that but certainly will... i've only tried the plain ones but have the garlic and onion flavors in the freezer, have you tried those?

they are great for tacos and mini-pizzas too... :-)

~jodi
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 07:51

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Liza, I like my Mich Ultra too but gave them up for the summer and now drinking Vodka/Crystal Lite or if out, Vodka/Diet soda. For me, it makes a difference as I am losing again - slowly but surely. Also, michelobs tend to start cravings for me thus I eat things I am not suppose too...not so with the Vodka. That's just me though....
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 09:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/155.5/135
BF:
Progress: 34%
Angry AAARGH!

I know how you feel. I've been drinking friday and saturday nights (rum & diet coke) and not getting back into ketosis until Tuesday or Wednesday. Needless to say, I'm no longer losing. I think I'm going to take a few weekends off, and try to curb my snacking. Good luck.