Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 01:41
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/350/150 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: -32%
Default Bicycle trouble

I've added walking to my life, an hour or so 3 or 4 times a week.

But today, just for a change of pace, I got out my bicycle thats been in the garage gathering dust for 3 years, pumped up the tires (they were completely flat) and decided to go for about a 5 mile bike ride. First of all I noticed that walking and riding a bike use some different muscles, and the route I chose was uphill for most of the first 2 miles. Secondly I noticed that the seat is not that comfortable right now. And I finally found out that if you leave a bike in the garage for 3 years, pump up the tires, and ride about 3 miles (just started going downhill) when you are still 2 miles from home........The rear tire decides to release all of its air , you then get to sit on the side of the road and try to get air back in, swating bugs the whole time, chain falls off get that back on, cover your hands with grease from chain, say bad words when you realize the tire will NOT hold air, etc.

Then you can get a nice 2 mile walk home pushing bike, extra exercise. I was very unhappy when it happened but now I can see the bright side of it. I could have planed a longer bike ride and been 10 miles from home.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 06:00

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Cool Phew, what a day you had!

I admire you for incorporating the exercise into your life and deciding to add something new (or something from the good ole days). I can understand the frustration when it happened and it so great that you can look on the lighter side of the situation.

I live in Sweden now and everyone says I need a bike since we don't have a car right now. No thanks! For one I am selfconscience and I am so afraid I will crash with my 21 month daughter on the back ... I am a bit clumsy at times. When Alexandra can ride her own bike and I am thinner, then maybe I will take up riding a bike again.

I will always keep your story in mind, so if and when I decide to ride again, I will be well prepared, so I don't end up taking my bike for a walk. lol

Keep up the great work!