Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 12:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/186/190 Male 72 inches
BF:21
Progress: 109%

A group I would be very happy to join!
I'm with you all.
I can't think of anything new I am going to try, as slow is OK with me, as long as it keeps working. No change for a week or two is frustrating, but has not been enough reason for me to "tweak" stuff. I have added more exercise, extra patience, as well as some good single malt scotch once a week.
I feel I am in the same boat with a lot of fine folks and give thanks for the companionship.
Best wishes for a great weekend,
T.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 178.5/174/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Smile checklist

maybe we should create a general checklist for everyone to use... here's mine...

- use www.fitday.com to track my daily carbs, fat and calories

- drink AT least 64oz. water

- keep carb intake where it should be, right now i'm at 35 but may go up to 40 and see what happens

- exercise at least 5 days a week, include some weights and lots of walking... take at least 1 spinning or step class a week

- continue getting off 1 metro stop before my usual one for that 'extra' exercise in the AM

- be more creative w/my menus, try a new recipe or two

- continue taking my vitamins

- not to be depressed if i don't lose or gain a pound when i know i'm doing everything right... be patient and happy with how far i've become...

that's all i can think of... who's next?

~jodi
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 13:01

Stats: 183/140/133 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%
This is great. In such good company, how can we go wrong?

I don't know if I can stand Stillman's diet (not devised for humans, I think ). But I have thought this through, and will first commit to making sure I drink more water, which I am bad about doing. And, I will step up my exercise by starting walk aerobics instead of the outdoor walk I usually take daily.

Water starts tomorrow.

Aerobics start Monday.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 15:11

Stats: 165/120/115
BF:
Progress: 90%

Ok, I'm in too.........not sure what my sig says. I am 120, goal of 115....been trying to get those last few pounds off for months it seems!

Last edited by atkineer1 : Fri, Jun-06-03 at 15:13.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 16:47
Registered Member

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Thumbs up

Hi all,
I have been trying to lose my last 10 pounds for months now. I have picked up my exercising, cut back on my nuts and am being careful with what else I eat. I am going to go thru my closet this weekend and pull out on my clothes that are too big and give them away. Hopefully I can find my size 8 jeans that I put away a few years ago as to small, I think that they will fit me at this point. I have found my size 6 jeans, but they will not fit until these last 10 pounds are gone. So any ideas that anyone has I'd love to hear. I will gladly join this group and hopefully we can all help each other get to out final goal.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 18:13

Plan: atkins (testing hf/mp)
Stats: 157/143.2/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:why i oughta...
Progress: 69%
Talking Not Getting Enough...

Please count me in. I've been fluctuating between 139.8 and 143 for a month now. I know my biggest three problems: not getting enough Water, Exercise, Veggies.

My Plan;

Fill 2-liter bottle with water every morning and not go to sleep til it's gone.

Add more veggies to eggs.

Racquetball at least 2x a week and take the poor dog for a walk every day.

Ellie
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 06:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

OK, so from now until Monday, our assignment is to get our "ducks in a row". Psyche up for all the changes you will make on Monday.

For me...as much as I am fighting it....I guess I WILL post on Fitday. That means that before Monday I have to do some research and reading up on it. I know some have had problems, like with splenda, etc.

Beginning on Monday, too, when I get out of bed, the ONLY thing I'll put on is my exercise outfit, which will be layed out the night before. I will JUST DO IT.

Keeping track of water has always been tricky for me. Until then, I'm still thinking of the tricks I can use to keep track. Usually, I just try to pour several glasses down a day. I was thinking about pennies, or rubberbands......(haven't decided).

Oh, and I'll READ LABELS more carefully; and Fitday will help with that.

Also, today I want to write my checklist. I'm going to put it on a Word document. I mentioned the things I will put on it in previous posts...I was thinking of giving myself a score of 1 - 10 each day for how well I did, and always working for a certain score.

When I finish my list, and revise it and think about it for a while, I'll post it.

Glad you guys are doing this with me :-)
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 06:23

Stats: 156.8/136/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

My checklist will be:

no sugar free candy (peanut butter cups)
no alcohol
until I reach my goal~~~~~

I guess the nice thing is I haven't gained anything since I have added these, but I sure haven't lost anything either!!

I also have added LeCarb ice cream, but instead of having some every night, maybe 2-3 times a week?!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 07:31

Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Count me in too please. I got within 4 pounds of my goal then got slack, so now I've got 10 pounds to go
I need to keep using fitday, stay off the booze and reduce the cappuccinos! Oh, and make sure I keep my lazy self moving.
Monday it is!
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 09:49

Default Keeping track of water

Wordlady if you want to track your water fill a 2-liter bottle in the morning--and makesure it's empty by bedtime. It's 67 ounces.

Good luck on your regimen...exercise is the hardest for me unless it's recreational. I'm going to add "ride my bike anywhere within 2 miles instead of taking the car."

Ellie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Journaling Tools for Your Personal Writing Journey
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 16:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

OK you guys, is everybody psyched and prepared to start new habits tomorrow and leave off some other ones?

Prepared to GO TO WAR????

Any well fought battle begins with a good strategy. Have you given this some thought? Have you mentally prepared? Is your armory full and your battle gear on? Are your defenses in good order? (I'm really reaching for the military terms here..you can tell no one in my family is military!)

My preparation begins every evening before I go to bed. I'm laying out my work-out clothes on the floor just like a fireman.

Have you made your list? Not the list of what we've all been doing so far, the ADDED stuff? The new committments? Print it out in Large letters, a few copies perhaps, and post them on the fridge, the inside of the glass cupboard, and the bathroom mirror.

Get those fingers fired up so you can come here every day and report how you've done on this all out attack. (we need a catchy name for this war....)

I am kind of worried that if we start a new thread we'll get moved to some outer Mongolia section of this forum; so maybe we can keep this going for now.

I'm looking forward to hearing your preparations and for the first day.

Major Red
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 16:45

Plan: Lo-carb/calorie counting
Stats: 148/125/125 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

OK Wordlady. I'll do it.
My plan for the week ahead is to keep my calories at between 10 and 12% of my goal weight - something I don't think I've been doing. I absolutely hate counting calories - did it for too long before I woke up to Atkins, - so this will be enough of a challenge for me.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 22:40

Stats: 183/140/133 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Me too.
I have my workout schedual worked in, my water up to 2 liters a day. and for the first time since I've been on this woe, I sat here till I figured out a way to get the fat up to 75% and the calories down to 1400. It's a start.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 23:52

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hey I'm in for 8 pounds to go
But knock on wood, it's still come'n off at a good pace, but will be hanging around here just incase

Cheers Kathy
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 23:59

Default day one

I'm happy to report that I drank 2 liters of water for the past two days, walked 2 miles last night, and logged 10% calories both days. I'm still at the same weight I was 2 days ago, but i'm optimistic.