Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 14:47

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 265/244/145 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Re: Drink?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa&Craig

One more thing.... other than water (which I do drink a lot of), what -CAN- I drink that has flavour and a low carb count?

Lisa,
I make lemonade with water, a spoonful of lemon juice, and a packet of sweetener.
-Jeanette
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-01, 15:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Thumbs up How about Iced Tea

Here is a clone of Snapple Lemon Iced Tea...sugar-free version:

8 cups water
3 Lipton tea bags (Orange Pekoe and pekoe cut black blend) I use decaffinated tea...
3/4 cup Splenda or sweeten to taste
1/3 cup plus 2 tbs. lemon juice (again adjust to taste)

Method:

Boil water in large saucepan over high heat...When water comes to a boil, turn off heat , add tea bags and cover...let tea steep for about an hour...let tea cool ...add Splenda into a 2 quart pitcher, add the tea and lemon juice.... fill pitcher with ice cubes and lemon slices.

I usually double the batch, fill and refrigerate extra bottles with tea...

Bonnie
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 12:55
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 145/140/110
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
I drink Diet RC's. They are sweetened with Splenda. And yup it has caffeine in it, but so far has yet to cause me to stall out.

No, it doesn't.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 13:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I drink Diet RC's. They are sweetened with Splenda. And yup it has caffeine in it, but so far has yet to cause me to stall out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
No, it doesn't.

Interesting first post Cheatara!

I'm having my "stupid" day (yep, usually Thursday's are designated for this), so I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what this means. Do you mean it doesn't have caffeine or it doesn't cause you to stall. Can you help me out?

Karen
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-01, 14:30

BF:

Gee, Karen I was about to ask the same thing when you beat me to the punch...wondering what the answer is here Cheatara

Bonnie
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 10:43
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Diet RC Cola is caffeine free. I have a box of cans in my fridge, it says it right on the box. See: http://www.dietritecola.com/
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 17:26

BF:

Diet RC Cola is caffeine free. I have a box of cans in my fridge, it says it right on the box. See: http://www.dietritecola.com/

Gee, Cheatra I may be wrong here but I don't think Diet Rite Cola and Diet RC Cola are one and the same entity... I concur that Diet Rite Cola is definitely made with Splenda and caffeine free because I drank Diet Rite Cola while I was in Florida but Diet Royal Crown Cola which I think agonycat is referring to actually does contain caffeine according to this website:

http://store.yahoo.com/bevsdirect/2400492.html

Hope this clears up any confusion

Bonnie
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 21:58
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

I've never seen that diet RC before. Diet Right is made by RC cola, and if you go to http://www.rccola.com and look at their list of products diet right is the only diet pop listed. Hmm, perhaps the diet RC is not provided in the US?
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 03:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheatara
I've never seen that diet RC before. Diet Right is made by RC cola, and if you go to http://www.rccola.com and look at their list of products diet right is the only diet pop listed. Hmm, perhaps the diet RC is not provided in the US?

Since 1905, the famous crisp clean taste of RC has been a favorite of cola drinkers everywhere. RC comes in three refreshing flavors: Royal Crown Cola, Diet RC and Cherry RC.
Royal Crown was relaunched in the U. S. last year with a dynamic new logo, new packaging graphics and new television and print ads with the tagline, "Be Free, Drink RC." With a NASCAR sponsorship and cameo appearances on "ER," "The Simpsons," and "Everybody Loves Raymond," Royal Crown Cola is winning new fans each and every day.

In 1998 Diet RC became the first carbonated soft-drink to be sweetened with Splenda — a non-aspartame sweetener.

I think if you read the whole article which I have posted Cheatra the above is referring to Diet RC (Royal Crown) Cola whereas the article further down the list Diet Rite Cola is a separate drink sans caffeine....

Bonnie
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 08:32
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

So where do you find this? I've been trying to convince my mom to go off apartame for years, but she won't do it with out caffeine. She also won't order off the internet, so that won't help. She drinks 3 2-liters of diet coke a day.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 09:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheatara
So where do you find this? I've been trying to convince my mom to go off apartame for years, but she won't do it with out caffeine. She also won't order off the internet, so that won't help. She drinks 3 2-liters of diet coke a day.

If you check my previous response with your quote Cheatra, I posted the info from the site you provided go back into the site and reread all the info in regards to the different types of sodas

Bonnie
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 23:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Question Aspertame free soda

I am looking for an aspartame free soda - I know the diet rite sodas are good, but what else?

I keep reading about rootbeer floats (diet rootbeer & heavy cream) - and I must have read every rootbeer label in the supermarket tonight and came up with nothing.

Any ideas?

goingfor60
Shannon
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-01, 05:13

BF:
Default Diet Beverages

Shannon,

This link describes what products seem to be available in the LC Beverage/Shake category:

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/reviews-beverages.html

Bonnie
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-01, 11:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204.5/149/145
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default diet sodas

Along with lots of water, I drink "Diet Rite Cola" made by RC. It has no aspartame, sodium, caffeine, or calories. It's sweentened with Spenda. I love it. I've had no problem finding it in my area of the world (northern KY, southeast Indiana, or southwest Ohio.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-01, 14:11
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 188/171/130-140
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Wow!

Wow!
I couldn't find my original post about the sodas and clicked on the wrong forum today to find myself staring at the exact one I've been looking for!

I guess my hand knew where to go and not my head!

Well thanks to all of you who gave me so much info.
Every product that we can learn more about to eliminate all the bad stuff will help to reach our goals.

keep up the good work and much success to all of you!

Lisa