Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 23:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/133/120 Female 5' 5"
BF:22%
Progress: 41%
Question Question!!!

I saw on a website today these vitamins labeled Atkins! I told my husband to see if he could find them at Wal*Mart but he couldn't & came back with Carb Cutter. I read the box but there isn't much info about what they do. Are these pills a good idea? Do they work? Has anybody here taken them or anything like them? I don't know what to do with this bottle! I take a multivitamin daily (Women's One-A-Day Weight Smart) so I don't know if I can take both the vitamin & the Carb Cutter! Anybody know? I don't want to overdose!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 02:02
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: // Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Suggestion...

How about performing a Google search for them? Or at the very least, you could search for the ingredients and make a determination that way.

Before I take supplements, I always search for information to determine whether or not I want to take them. For instance, I was considering taking a recomended supplement, chromium picolinate, until I did some research which showed it can be dangerous in that "chromium supplements damage cell chromosomes which are the blueprints for a cell's function and reproduction. It is generally thought that cancer starts with a change to the genetic material in a cell causing it to grow and reproduce without restraint." Scary, huh? Needless to say, I decided not to take the cp.

Anyway, my point is that the internet can provide excellent information and can answer many questions.

ljm
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 08:40
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You can order Atkins suppliments from the web site fairly cheap. I picked up the Atkins Accell. I still buy my fish oil and calcium from Walmart though. My multi vitimin is my prenatals.

Check some of those carb cutter lables. I looked at one at the store that actuly contained carbs and sugar :\
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 08:52

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I buy all my supplements at a health food store - I take a multi-vitamin, chromium, potassium, cal-mag, and hemp oil.

Love your avitar - I'm a HUGE fan also!

Vikki
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: // Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Vikki,

What is the benefit of hemp oil?

ljm
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 09:18

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Hemp oil has both Omega 3 and 6 in it, where as Flax oil / Fish Oil only has Omega 6. Here's some information http://www.totallyhemp.ca/about_oil.htm

Vikki
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 00:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/133/120 Female 5' 5"
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

Hey Vikki,

Thanks for the reply. I am glad to see there is another Bon Jovi fan here. I am in *Jovi season* right now with them being on tour and have tickets to sit in the second row in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on July 24th, which is primarily why I am so into this carb diet. I doubt I get to actually meet the band but if they do see me, I want them to see me looking good. For my last four shows, my seats weren't really close so I didn't give dieting much thought. This situation is different though. I am just glad I have something to motivate me like this concert has. I already see a big difference. Thanks for the advise. I am definately going to check into different pills or what not to help me along.

Angie