Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 19:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 378/355/225
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Did Okay First 3 weeks

Hi
I did okay for the first 3 weeks but now i'm struggling.It seems like when i stress at work i'm more inclined to cheat.I know theres alot of stuff i need to do and will.But i want to get back on track any idead how i can change the mental part of it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 19:34
Registered Member

Stats: 222/181/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Thumbs up You can do it

Hi and welcome to a new Way of Eating (WOE). Look at this as not only a new WOE but a WOL (way of life). If you made it through the first 4 days of induction you can make it the rest of the way.

Now that induction is over take some LC snacks to work with you: celery stalks and cream cheese or sour cream, berries, pork rinds, nuts any thing that you can put in your mouth when you get stressed.

This WOE is not about just wanting to look different but being healthy. Think about the health benefits that you'll gain by sticking to it: Lowering your risk factors for Diabetes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Heart Attack,etc.

Come to the forum often and read others peoples struggles and gain inspiration from those. If you do cheat (most of us have at some point or another on this quest for better health) enjoy what you've eaten, accept that you slipped and get back on track the same day and don't go on a guilt trip.

I've accepted that this is my WOL, I still cheat and slip here and there but the weight is coming off weekly. I'm never hungry, I feel better mentally and physically and I've lost 34 lbs from February til now with little effort.

Don't set a long range goal, set mini goals and strive for those. They can be as mini as " if I make it through today, I'll reward myself with a new tie or pair of shoes on payday.

Set a goal to lose 5 lbs by July 1st, anything that you feel is is within your reach. When all else fails, pray and ask for strength to get you through this.

We're all cheering for you.

Pat
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 19:45
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Pat gave you some good advice. The key is learning all your legal cheats and eating when you are hungry and learning not to feel guilty about food anymore.

It takes some planning and then just time to make it a habit.

Also, feeling healthy and continuing to lose inches does help.

Take care and know you can do this!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 20:48

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

How about taking a few minutes of "ME " time and sit down, write out as many reasons as you can, as to why you want to lose this weight, be totally honest with yourself, then carry it with you in your wallet or what ever, everywhere you go. And when your tempted, promise yourself you'll read it first, then decide if you'll cave in or not.

Hope this helps, this is a wonderful way of eating, you just have to get past the feeling of you are being cheated out, by not having certain things. Soon, you will see it is really worth it to bypass those things that are calling your name

Cheers Kathy

Last edited by Kathy54 : Tue, Jun-03-03 at 20:49.