Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 17:30
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 182/173/150
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default anais57 question??

Hi, I saw your post and I was wondering how long you have been on the Atkins Plan? I am on day 22 and I lost my 9 pounds in the first 10 days and nothing since day 11. Anyway I was wondering if you know how to get past this plateau. And I am still doing induction staying right at 20 carbs a day> Thanks!!! Alicia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 17:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I'm not anais57, but just wanted to say you have done an awesome job!!!! Congratulations

L
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 17:37
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 182/173/150
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Whyspers! Are you sill doing induction? Talk about doing awsome look at you. How long have you been doing this? Also I was wondering if you have ever tried any of these bars or syrups people keep talking about.. Thanks for the info and for giving me some motivation. Alicia
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 17:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I like to think I'm still doing Induction...lol. The truth though, is that during the week I am pretty much strict induction, but on the weekends, I allow myself macadamia nuts, LeCarb, SF Chocolate, etc. I try not to overdo it, but those are definately not Induction products.

Thanks for the encouragement I've been doing Atkins since March 24, so a little over three months. I had quit smoking about two weeks before starting Atkins but then almost two weeks ago I started back with a vengence. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone else, but talk about a speed up in weight loss!!!! I feel like I've pretty much skipped the 190's...lol. I was at 202 two weeks ago on Thursday before I went to my mother's and it just keeps dropping. Happy I got some good out of it, but on the other hand, now I just have to quit again. They are really starting to affect my workouts...at least the swimming portion of it.

I have tried the Davinci's SF White Chocolate and it was okay, but I am not really that creative and couldn't think of many things to do with it. That bottle is still 3/4 full and I haven't used it in probably two months...lol. I don't like the bars, but the shakes are good and I usually buy a couple of packs once a month. I often have the SF chocolates though...if I eat too many, it certainly releives the constipations, but other than gas (heehee),they don't seem to bother me.

L
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 17:56

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Sorry, I am not anais57, but, alimark, you are doing great! Maybe your body is taking a break from it's weightloss.

Rule of thumb is that you can expect to lose 10% of the amount you want to lose during induction and 5% per month thereafter. Since you want to lose 32 lbs., you may not lose that much in Induction. So with the 9 lbs. you've lost, you're even ahead of the rule!

Perhaps you can post a typical daily menu, so we can see if there are potential "troublespots"? Good luck on your LC journey!!!

Last edited by paradise : Tue, Jun-03-03 at 18:03.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 23:02

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default it's me... it's me!!!

hi alicia,

wow...we are in very similar spots. i didn't see your post til now and it's almost midnight. it's been a busy day for me. to answer your question... i have been on induction since may 3rd. i am losing inches but the weight has not dropped anymore. i lost 4 more inches in the last 2 weeks! the scale went up and then down again but i haven't broken 175. i have not been religious either. i have had coffee most mornings...2 cups. i have had sugar free jello and i have had atkins ice cream. i haven't been able to go cold turkey from the sweets.

i think u have done great! we could write to each other if u'd like and be each other's cheerleaders. i would like to try one week of being very strict and see if there is a difference.
-catherine