Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 12:10

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Still nio weight or inch loss...........

I dont know what the problem is, but im really pissed off, a few weeks is one things, but Im the same weight and size as when I went on vacation in February, so, Im not over reacting.

I have been very good and excercising too, Im just no longer losing .

Please Give me FAIL PROOF ADVISE.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Hello

Well first of all you've lost nearly 30lbs which is something to be congratulated on! Great job so far! I've lost 30 on Atkins and now have switched to CAD. I notice you don't have a journal started and so I am unable to see what you are eating. Personally when I did Atkins I lost more and faster when I actually ate more food! Some people in my opinion stall because they just do not eat enough! Could you let us know an example of your daily food intake? That would help figure out if there is something which you are eating causing you to stall. I don't think anyone can give FAIL PROOF advice. What works for me may not work for you. However if I know what you are eating I could offer an opinion or suggestion. How many carbs a day are you getting? Sometimes if you cut back 5grams or add 5 grams you will lose again. Are you eating a lot of aspertame, drinking a lot of caffeine, or snacking too many nuts? Also low carb bars and shakes stall some. Looks to me like you have lost a lot already and deserve a pat on the back for that! Great job so far.

Last edited by shannonlea : Tue, May-27-03 at 12:22.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 12:24

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

i have lost 40-45 lbs. (5 lbs. keeps coming and going) and now i have no appetite so i am lucky to force myself to eat once a day. i have stayed at induction levels for 4 months and am now having to re-tweak my eating habits to stimulate a loss. after a regular day of induction level foods i recently ate a bowl of frosted shredded wheat (which if you read label has 10 carbs of sugar and 39 unidentified carbs -pretty sure it is fiber though) without the milk (just for crunchie munchies) and i woke up and lost 4 lbs. in a day.

you may need to up your fat intake or possibly even your carbs. have your appetite been the same? if it is non-existent you may have to force yourself to eat more.

if you post what you are eating - maybe we can suggest more.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 12:26

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

You mentioned in a previous post last week that you were cheating a lot. That might have something to do with it...dunno.

L
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 12:29

BF:

Thanks Shannonlea,

I know i have lost but, really it dosnt feel like I have lost alot, you know what I mean, I guess I have adjusted to it already.

Well, today is not a good example, i had my every morning, wont give it up, e-large coffee, 4 creams, 3 splenda, its the only one I drink. although I want more..........

At 11/30 I ate my home made cheeseburger, was a big one,,,,

im on my 3rd bottled water now,

I usually eat a bfast, and have a spinach salad with lunch, like I said, a real bad day here.

I should be losing at least a couple of punds a months, my god, am I asking too much really.

I have heard that your body needs to be ready to lose more, well its been about 4 months the same weight, how much time does it need, I should be at goal by now.

I really dont think I can handle the egg fast, but I am getting desperate,

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 12:58
Registered Member

Stats: 158.5/154.0/122
BF:
Progress: 12%

If you don't think you could do the egg fast try the meat fast. You just eat all meat. To me it sounds more appealing than the egg fast.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 13:30

Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Hello

Have you considered switching to CAD? I did and I love it! There is a book called Carbohydrate Addicts Diet and in it you will find all you need to know about it. There are many who have lost a lot of weight on it.. Sheilaraye a friend of mine on here lost 88lbs! It did come off slowly,but better than nothing! Just a thought.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 13:37

BF:

Shannonlea

I have thought about cad, but I need more info,

I dont understand how you can eat a reward meal of your choice ( scarey) and lose weight, especially since im having such a hard time now, with little carbs,, can you give me a quick rundown, or post me your food journel so I get an idea how it works.

Thanks