Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 00:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/157/120
BF:
Progress: 29%
Unhappy TOM and donuts in the house...AGHHH!!!

Hey all,

Been having a bad time my TOM has come and that explains why I have been so emotional and sick. I never had PMS this bad and was wondering if the diet may be causing it? I have been craving sweets so terribly and lost control last night and had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich . I had no control it felt like and I mostly do but luckily it didnt start an eating binge and did well on the diet today until my Dad brought over some donuts last night. They r sitting there in the kitchen driving me nuts cause I cant have them...lol ! I am using all my restraint to not eat one. Why does TOM cause cravings for sweets and does anyone else have problems woth TOM and craving sweets ???

Traci
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 02:55

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

All I can say is pork rinds and Diet Rite soda! That is what gets me through the tough times where I just need to cram some junk food in my face.

And toss out the donuts!! I have to do that around here when a "thoughtful" soul brings stuff around. I offer the mister a serving then I seriously toss the rest immediately.

Jinx
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 03:58

Stats: 183/140/133 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%
Smile

I am the same.
I finally had to tell my daughter she can no longer have blueberry muffins for breakfast. No matter where I put them, I could "smell" them all day. In fact, I'm having the same trouble today with a brownie she's saving for lunch. Oh the pain!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 05:10

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I am sure my TOM is right around the corner .I have been fighting the urge to eat some sweets. When I made cinnamon toast or anything that smells good , I have to put it up to my face and take a deep breath . My kids probably think I am nuts. Last night we made cookies and I just told myself 'no', I can't undo the past 2 weeks and when it was nearing my bedtime I just made a diet rite float with heavy cream and you know what? It took the urge away . I guess our bodies just prepare us for Tom . Cravings are usually your body trying to replenish something you are lacking......
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 05:49
Registered Member

Stats: 225/215/130
BF:
Progress: 11%

Traci,
You are doing so well. Don't beat yourself up because you broke down MOMENTARILY and had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

PRAISE yourself for recovering quickly (in the midst of great temptation) and stopping a binge before it starts. It takes great strength of character to step back after you've gobbled down that first sugar fix. You did it, Girl, good for you!

Strength builds on strength.

A question: Why is your Dad bringing doughnuts to your house and leaving them in the kitchen? (Personally speaking, in my situation, I would feel a bit betrayed, but I don't know what his motivation was or what is your relationship with him.) Instead of getting angry, can you enlist his help by gently (and firmly) asking him not to do that -- if he wants to bring you a treat, make it a steak or a roasted chicken from the deli, or something like that?) If you enlist his help, he will share in your success and be proud of you, and be convinced that HE was an important player in your quest to gain a healthy weight.

Just a thought...
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 07:34

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 238.4/235.6/160 Female 5'7
BF:soo much
Progress: 4%

TOM for me too. I was craving so bad last night so I just had 2 squares of the carblite bar. It was very satisfing. I could have ate the whole thing but made myself only have a sample and went to bed!

Only been on 1 week but had to have something sweet. Got up and had lost a lb so I quess it did not affect me.

Good luck and if you need support for that TOM we are here. Someone will always be on the same schedule as you! LOL
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 10:07
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Take the donuts to work so others can get rid of your temptation for you.