Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 14:22

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default i scream.. u scream and i still scream for ice cream

this forum has been extremely helpful... really loved the coffee discussion. i think i have done well so far, when craving for chocolate or ice cream gets so tough i have used 3/4 scoop of atkins shake and 1/2 cup whipping cream to make a mousse. not half bad. it gets me through. today i made guacamole and used jicama for my chips...yum. i did a full body workout with free weights... thinking i would have the day off today and just walk...well i am so sore i can barely move. so it is really a day off. between not having my coffee and my body aches i am just lazing around. and that is giving me time to really read many more of the threads than i usually can. so once again thanx to you all. can someone tell me if you really ever got past wanting ice cream? it just doesn't seem possible ...especially now that summer is here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair.jpg (25.4 KB, 24 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 14:39

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Eventually, the want for ice cream will pass. I still buy lots of it for my non-LCing husband and daughter. Pre-LC days, I was addicted to Coffee Heath Bar Crunch and Espresso Chip! Sure, it'd be nice to have a little now and then, but I am just not interested. But in case, the craving strikes you, Atkins Endulge ice cream is available in Minnesota at the following chains: Byerly's, Cub, Festival, and Kowalski's. If there is a Wal-Mart Super Center (the ones with grocery stores) near you, they carry Le Carb ice cream. Both the Atkins Endulge ice cream and the Le Carb have received good reviews from posters over in the Low Carb Products forum. Happy LCing!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 14:52

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%
Default Always check the recipe board!!

LOW CARB FROZEN CUSTARD ICE CREAM

3 eggs beaten 'til lemon colored
2 cups 1/2 & 1/2
1 cup Splenda
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tsp. immitation vanilla
optional: 1 LC choc bar, or 1 dozen crushed strawberries, or 1/3 cup toasted coconut.
Mix the eggs and half & half and cook over low heat ,stirring constantly 'til mixture coats a spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Add 1 cup Splenda and 2 tsp. immitation vanilla. Then add one cup heavy whipping cream. Place mixture in fridge over night. Next day freeze ice cream according to your freezer directions. About five minutes before ice cream is ready, fold in some grated low carb candy bar, or crushed strawberries, or (oops bad cut and paste job - you'll have to look for yourself!)
Jinx
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 14:59

BF:
Default not at our cub

i will have to talk to management at cub...because the atkins ice cream is not there. since i am on induction i have only created my mousse 2x (in 3.5 weeks). i only indulge when i am dangerously close to cheating. i will look for le carb but we don't have a walmart superstore here either. maybe at one of the healthfood stores.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 15:16

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

About a year before I started LCing I bought a homemade ice cream maker, and I put on about 10 lbs ! Ice cream was a daily habit ( even twice a day on the weekends) In July 2002 I started LCIng and haven't had any type of ice cream, even LC since..except for this weekend. Found a recipe similar to Jinx's ...and oh oh ... it was too good. I'm afraid to make it again. Granted it was low carb but very high calorie. I think ice cream was my only real "addiction" before LCIng and I'm afraid to start up with it again. Even my DH was impressed with the LC ice cream. Very rich and creamy.. I think the Xanthan gum I added really helped with the texture.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 15:25

BF:

manucpa...i think u r right even for me, that may have been my true addiction...ice cream. but i feel so deprived and in 3.5 weeks only having the lc mousse, in my estimation is a great feat. i will try making the ice cream at some point. thanx so much.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 15:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%
Wink

I bought some of the Atkins Endulge ice cream and it is outstanding. I really need to try making it some day because the Atkins Endulge ice cream is quite pricey.