Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 21:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%
Default cheating so much, feeling so depressed.

feeling so guilty. i've become depressed, i think.
i've had way too much whipped cream, a piece of bread, chinese food (no rice or anything breaded really), alcohol, and too much everything. help
but in ketosis. every day is a new day, right?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 21:45

Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Thumbs up

Yup...new day tomorrow...and it will get better...feel free to visit my journal for some old fashioned support if you need to.
Keep your chin up...once you start feeling down and depressed about what you did, it will just get worse. Shrug it off...tomorrow...you will do better
Take care
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 01:32
Registered Member

Stats: 172/157/120
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Hi

Dear Katgurl,

Congrats on your current weight loss !!! That is something to be happy about.

I want to ask you are you planning these cheat days in advance or are you just doing it on the spur of the moment ? I read an article at Atkins Center I believe that said if you are gonna cheat it should be a planned cheat and not on the spur of the moment. That way it is like you are in control of it ...ya know what I mean?
I dont know if everyone will agree with me but last year I lost 30 lbs. in 3 months and had planned cheat days. Just do so in moderation and get right back on the diet the next day. Sometimes 1 cheat day actually helps speed up the weight loss. But caution....I took a cheat day last week at an amusement park and gained 8 lbs. in 1 day. I contribute that to the fudge, cotton candy...etc.. It has taken me to now to get back where I was before I did that. Everyone is different but knowing I have something to look forward to like one of my favorite foods somewhere down the road helps me to stay on this diet. But everyone has different views about this I'm sure.

But I believe planned cheat days in advance gives you the control over the situation then just eating whenever you have a craving. I have cravings for my favorite foods but I just say No !!!
Do whatever it takes to get through it....eat something carb friendly to fill your tummy, drink water till your bloated, anything and it will pass. Think of how good you'll feel with your new slim, healthier body.

We can do this together !!!

Support = Success

Traci
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 06:33
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Actually I planned a cheat day yesterday. Well, it was and it wasn't a cheat day. Stayed in the carb counts but higher than I have ever gone before. I am not really sure how many carbs I ate, but I ate all day it seemed. Still in ketosis so that is good. What I did do was really pack away the calories! I swear I am more calories than I have in months!! This morning though I feel good, and I am ready to get back to my normal eating patterns.

I guess I am one of those people who think it is ok to trick you system once in a while so it may rev up for a little bit. I know, but its worth a shot Oh, if you know how much I ate
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 10:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Pick yourself up, dust yourself off

start all over again. Trite but true. One day is not the end of your success, just a hiccup. Beating yourself up accomplishes nothing, feeling like a failure accomplishes nothing, fretting about something that you can't undo accomplishes nothing. You've made real gains on this WOE, and you will continue to do so!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 10:41
Registered Member

Stats: 315/215/200 Male 5ft. 10in.
BF:
Progress: 87%

Everyone cheats sometime
Just don't make the mistake of well I already messed up I might as well eat some more so you basically have a little binge. If you are gonna cheat , cheat but don't go overboard. Remember the pupose of this diet is to change your metabolism if have have a small cheat here and there you will be fine. I know the feeling isn't it weird how you feel guilty after eating junk now, did you ever fell that way before you started this WOL? I know I never did so feeling guilty about eating the wrong stuff is a good feeling. Also remeber this is a long process and yes everyday is a new day with new challenges
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 10:44

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 215/174.6/150 Male 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

No matter what you do, don't feel bad about yourself. Don't beat yourself up. Don't think that you're a bad person, because you're not!

You fell for a bit of a cheat, and that's that. Perhaps think about why you might have cheated, perhaps consider a stragegy that might mitigate what happened this time in the future, and move on.

Move on to feeling better! Move on to your WoE.