Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 06:58
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default Cellulite Cream

I wanted to share this information with all of those people that struggle to get rid of cellulite as I do.

I have been using CelluSculpt cream an avon product for a little over a week. I have to say that I am seeing the dimples smooth out considerably.

I also happen to see on our local news channel a piece on cellulite and creams and I was amazed at what a dermatologist said about it. I have taken before pictures and will take the after pictures in a month, the time alloted for improvement.

Here is the transcript.

Quote:

<b>Dermatologist recommends anti-cellulite cream
05/19/2003

Health Team Reporter Lisa Manzo
(KMOV) -- You've probably seen TV ads promising thinner, smoother thighs with cellulite creams. Avon is the latest to put out a fat-fighting product. Claims of better looking legs might not be too far fetched.

The new Avon Solutions Cellu-Sculpt Anti-Cellulite Slimming Treatment claims you'll lose an inch in just a month. That's good news if it works because 90 percent of women will develop cellulite.

"The way this one works is it actually has caffeine, gingko biloba. They're claiming it will tighten up the fat, tighten up the skin, give it a smoother look," says News 4 Dermatologist Dr. Madhavi Kandula.

Kandula says claims of losing an inch in a month are far-fetched and nearly impossible with a cream, but she's using Avon's anti-cellulite cream and loves it enough that she's already ordered another $15 tube.

"You can actually feel it's almost tingling and tightening your skin when you use it. So, I'm a consumer, first and foremost, and I love to try new products. I'm very excited about this one," she says.

There are also firming lotions on the market. They don't claim to get rid of cellulite, but instead say they'll tone and smooth out dimpling skin. Dr. Kandula says she's not a big fan of the brands she has tried. Firming lotions target sagging skin, not fat.

"The firming creams are more for that. It's not for true cellulite, but the skin is losing its elasticity and tone," she says.
Kandula points out that Avon's slimming cream will only work in mild to moderate cellulite, don't expect the flab to just melt away. Also, for any of these creams that tighten the skin, you can put them on any of your dimply regions, but avoid your face to tighten up wrinkles. The creams could be irritating on delicate skin. </b>

HN

Last edited by HerbNurse : Wed, May-21-03 at 07:01.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 05:31
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Update:

It has been 3 weeks since I first started using the cellulite cream and I can honestly say that I see an improvement.

The cellulite is not completely gone but it is not as bad as it was either. It has improved so much that I have just purchased 4 more tubes from avon.

HN
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 17:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/134/122 Female 5'5"
BF:23.5
Progress: 14%

After reading your post and hearing from the avon lady how wonderful it is i decided to order and try it out. I recieved it today from her and am hopefull that i can see those type of results too