Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 09:00

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%
Default low carb breads

okay. i have been experimenting with adding the occational low-carb bread or tortilla into my diet. i am wondering what others have experienced with this. is is considered "real food" or one of those "fakey foods" like the bars and shakes that should be eaten with caution??

thanks for sharing
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 09:16

Plan: First Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/160/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Good question - one that I am wondering too. I just got some tortilla's in the mail from netrician.com and they are awesome! Even paper thin, it is wonderful to have some to wrap around some turkey or to make an egg burritto. Even tho I am leaving induction (gradually) I feel guilty when I eat one of these, the way I do when I have a chocolate bar.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 09:26
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I haven't tried low carb breads but I have tried low carb tortillas. I love the tortillas. I'm not sure if they stall weight loss for me since the scale isn't moving down, rather inches are leaving.

I believe Atkins tells people they may have 3 low carb tortillas a week during OWL, but that is hearsay that I've seen.

Beth
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 09:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/135/140 Female 5 4
BF:28%
Progress: 121%
I wanted to post a "review" about Atkins cheese parsley & artichoke squares, & I saw this thread & hope it's ok I put it here! They are listed under the bread category, described as a side dish, but I found them to be more of a breakfast/brunch food. They taste like a frittata, so they are a good omelet substitute. The recipe calls for only 2 tblsp of the bake mix & 4 eggs. If you don't have artichokes, you can use broccoli. Also easy to serve, they don't stick to the pan.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 10:53

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:?/20%/18%
Progress: 113%
Default LaTortillaFactory

DH and I eat these everyday. Lunch time for sure and even for the occassional dinner. 3 carb per small size. They have really made this WOE alot easier to do. Grabbing a "sandwich" is something we can do again.

We have been eating them daily for about 2 months. We have definitly not stalled..

Joy
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 11:57
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I have found that the LC tortillas don't cause stalls but the breads sometimes do. The tortillas also taste better than the breads in general to me. As for amount, I just watch the carb count for whatever my goal is at the time.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 14:00

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

thanks all.

i can't help but feeling like i am cheating though, or eating "fakey foods"

but is sure was nice to day to eat a "sandwch wrap"