Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 07:02

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default 2 bag chips/4 cookies/I'm tired and I don't feel bad about it!!

I'm tired of looking at these skinny chicks that eat chips, fried foods, cookies, and candy. Just wondering why I can't endulge in this kind of behavior at ALL!!! I'm tired of watching what I eat, just today!! I want mac and cheese, I want fried chicken, I want b-cue ribs. I'm sorry, I'm just feeling real down today. I have been at the same weight for damn near 3 weeks. I've done so well, but I'm just damn tired of eating this way. I want some of my old food back. Just today!!!

I'm struggling today!!!! Major depression.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 07:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/143.0/135 Female 5'4"
BF:?
Progress: 60%

Don't feel bad - I want Italian bread. And I'm gonna have some real soon! Go for the ribs - they're probably the least damaging.
Congrats on your weight loss so far!
Diane
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 07:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Why?

step back and ask yourself what is it about chips or cookies that make you feel better?
Do you think about them when they are not even around and you think of how to get them?
Eating food and thinking about eating food can be a way you manage one part of your life that you actually can control. Most of life you can not control. What you put in your mouth you absolutely can. It is quite a powerful thing.
If you are craving have you tried the L-Glutamine? That helps.
And if you are frustrated with the scale are you exercising? I often extinguished the same feelings of rage by working out really hard. And it works too.
And those skinny women who eat all the chips and cookies they want are probably doing the old

Some people binge and purge some people just binge. Its much easier to get over the eating disorder of just binging than binging and purging but both of them are eating disorders.
Skinny women scare me too but they are in the minority in the US as 2/3 Americans are now overweight!!You will lose the weight you want - the advice would be to go back on induction and get back with the program and not to beat yourself up about the carb eating you have done great and you will continue to
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 07:39

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 294/260/185 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Have your chips & cookies if you must but first go put on some of the clothes you were wearing when you first started and then see if you still want to eat them, you might change your mind and have some cheese & cold cuts instead. Hang in there, you are so far ahead.