Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 19:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%
Default my butt hurts! (fell off the wagon)...

and you'd think with all that padding i gained over the past week it would not be so bad...

a trip to the bahamas was all it took. now, i'm not complaining! bahamas were beautiful. but not only did i regain the 8 lbs i'd lost, i gained a few more!

must have been all those tropical drinks. syrupy, sweet, tropical drinks that i was pouring down my gullet at every available opportunity. and did i mention the beer? kalik beer is brewed in the bahamas and it's fantastic and i don't even want to think about the carb-count.

food-wise, not too bad - my usual salads & chicken or steak (a bit of bread here and there, could not pass up the chargrilled cheeseburgers on the beach). but it must have been the drinks that got me. bad.

at least i did a lot of swimming!

so now, i'm a good girl again. i may just even take my measurements.

i know that atkins works for me - i was doing so well, too! so, i'm saddling up and getting back on the horse. in one week from now i'll feel better and look better.

as i have the self control of a 3 yr old and the attention span of a knat, i'm sure i'll be here frequently as i try to re-align my system to what i know it likes best.

btw, i just can't get down with fitday.com. seems like what i want to eat (my decorated salads, the little bags of peanuts who's quantity is not there) takes forever to customize. i think i'm better with just writing it all down and looking up what i'm not sure of.

ride 'em cowgirl!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 19:50
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I doubt that 8 pounds will stay around too long. Some of it must be surely bloating and water.

A week in the Bahamas! I am jealous.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 19:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%

Go Suzanne,

I've got this gut feeling that your "wants" will be achieved, but I'll take your word for it.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 22:02

Plan: Old School Atkins
Stats: 000/000/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I can't believe how caloric and high-carbs some alcoholic drinks are. I used to drink chi-chis (pina coladas with vodka instead of rum) and a large was about 1000 calories! I would have 4 or 5 a week and stay on a diet. Stupid me.

Alcohol also bloats most people, so I guess you could just kick up your water intake and see if a few pounds go away quickly.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 22:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/154.5/147
BF:26/23.7/21
Progress: 66%
Cool

I think it's so cool that you recognize what you did and you are back in the saddle.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 07:27

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I had beer and wine over this past weekend (I know better, but it just happened) - yesterday I felt like a "blow fish" - today, I'm back to normal - it's water retention. Keep on track and drink tons of water, you'll be back faster than you think.

Vikki