Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 19:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/190/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy I got to my goal and then blew it.

I started low carbing in 2000. Got to my goal of 120 lbs in June of 2002 for my wedding. After getting married, I started to eat all of the foods that i love again. The weight stayed off for a couple of months and then I just started to pack it on again. I have been back on the atkins diet for a month now. I lost 11 lbs during induction but only 1 lb in the past two weeks. I really didn't want to stay on the induction for longer than two weeks because I am very afraid of not being able to stick with this again. Should I go back on the induction. I read somewhere that you can slow your metabolism by stopping and starting and going back and forth on the atkins diet. I really just want to get to a point where I can feel like I am not missing out on everything that I love, but still cut out enough carbs that I can lose weight. I feel as if I have no will power... How does everyone else keep it up? Any advice?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 20:13

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

For me I had to realize that I can't have it all and decide what was more important - the taste of food in the short term, or a longer healthier life in the loog term.. looking better and getting that "look" from my DH ain't bad either !
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 22:05
aznlily68

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

i had a very similar situation you were in. I did atkins a while ago and i stopped because i was in a little stall (where you stop losing weight for a period of time) I instantly went on the low fat diet and i just couldnt stand it! i hated it!! so i went back to atkins a week later and now ive lost more weight. Maybe you should try to loosen up and then go back to strict atkins dieting. Maybe if your body has such a drastic change, you can lose more weight, like i did
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 22:44

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

I would stick induction out for as long as you think it will continue to help you. Slow loss can be frustrating but I think you should do what makes you feel best and still lose weight.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 00:15

Stats: 169/154.5/147
BF:26/23.7/21
Progress: 66%
Lightbulb

Good for you for getting back on track.

For me, being at a healthy weight is the thing i LOVE the most! I'm resigned to the fact the no food item can replace that!

Good luck..........His amazing grace........came.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 00:35
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Hello

I also sucessfully lost on ATkins before and then went back to "normal" eating and slowly gained weight and then got pregnant and gained tons.

this time it took about 3 false starts to get going I lost 9 pounds on induction and then I didn't stay on it and lost pretty well....I lose the best if I avoid making goodie concoctions, avoid nuts as snacks and use only occasionally and keep the cream level down to 1-2 Tablespoons a day

So depending on how fast you want to liberate those pounds maybe you could go on to OWL but just tweak it a bit

Just my 2 cents worth!!!!1
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 04:59
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

You might want to try CAD if you are feeling really deprived. I know that lots of people on this forum use CAD and are happy with it. Check out the Which Low Carb Plan is Right for Me link to the right.

What I plan on doing is once I get to goal and have been there for a while is to have ONE night a week where I can eat anything I want. I am actually really good at limiting myself that way.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 05:57

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I am so afraid that once I hit goal I will also go back to the way I was....but then the flipside is that I am so used to eating Low-Carb...will I want or have the urge to? NOPE.

This is LIFE TIME WAY OF EATING. Too many people do this as a "quickie diet" and then go back to the way they were before (eating and weight). I worked to darn hard to get off this weight to get back to Point A again...