Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:43

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:?/20%/18%
Progress: 113%
Default I'm proud of myself this morning!

Last night I went to the movies with a group of women that I don't know. I was invited by an aquaintance and thought it would be nice to get away from the kids for a while. I was a bit worried about the whole snack stand, though. While popcorn has never been my downfall, I just thought it would be akward to be the only one not munching. I did bring a small bag of peanuts that I had in the house and I ordered a Diet Coke (in itself a treat!) You know, I didn't even touch those peanuts! I wasn't even tempted by all the chewing going on around me! The kicker is that they all wanted to go for coffee after. Of course one lady wanted a certain dessert from a reasurant, so off we went for more testing of the old will power. 2 of the ladies split a big brownie/ice cream treat and another couple of ladies split a brucchetta dish. I was steel-willed as I ordered my decaff with sugar twin. I worried more that the group might think I couldn't afford the treats..lol..They kept offering up bites of their food..How embarrasing!..

Anyway! I was so delighted with myself!

Now a quick question..Is anyone familiar with a reasturant called Moxeys? I'm not sure if it's Canada wide or also in the US, but I'm wondering if broccoli cheese soup would be a legal "treat"? This is the BEST soup and I wondered if I could have a bowl? I imagine it would have some evil flour or corn starch in it, but maybe the Atkins Gods will smile down at me on this one!?!?!

Joy..Proud, but still stuck at 130!! Man, these last 5 lbs are a killer!!
Sponsored Links