Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 13:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/213.5/190 Male 6 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Converting from Atkins...help!

Ok, so i have done Atkins for almost 1 month and feel pretty good about it. Lost some weight, but the primary goal was not to lose weight, just to eat/feel better...i think that's happened. The problem is that 20 grams of carbs a day (or even 50) is just not enough for me. I enjoy pototoes, bread, rice, pasta, etc. too much to give them up completely. (at least that's the realization i came to) Plus i work out a lot, so i think the CALP WOE might me more suited for me. The main thing is that i stay almost completely away from soft drinks now and only drink water and also try to stay away for suger.

I haven't read too much about CALP, but someone did say this might be better suited for me. Something about a "reward" meal at night? Can anyone give me the quick run-down on it and maybe the differences between CALP and Atkins, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links