Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 20:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/340/186
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Induction and gratitude

I just finished my first week of induction and at the end I feel lucky and very grateful

I decided about three months ago to go on the Atkins plan and spent the time reading everything I could find to understand how to work the diet and the science behind it . Most of the time I have been reading posts on this forum, taking notes, and making a list of things to do in preparation.

But also I spent a lot of time lurking here on triple digits to get a kind of sober motivation and for that I'm real grateful.

I started January 5th armed to the teeth with information and expecting the worst in physical side effects. But I guess I'm kind of lucky in that I haven't had headaches, nausea, lightheadedness or even constipation. I'm not sure that I have lost weight, and I won't know until I see the doctor again on the 17th to get the results of my pre-Atkins blood work. But I feel like I have.

And I certainly feel better. For decades I had minor digestion problems. Always thought it was fatty foods or soda or something like that. Turns out to have been the carbs. I used to be plagued by wind, since I was a teenager, and at times it was real embarassing. No more. No heartburn, no reflux, no wind, no cramping and no constipation. For this alone I'll stay low carb.

I have a very long way to go. I figure it may take three years to get there, and I'm only one week into it. But I'm off to a real good start and it feels like a natural way for me to eat. For that I'm lucky and for the motivation and information I find here I have lots of gratitude.

Thanks

slowday

Last edited by slowday : Sun, Jan-12-03 at 20:57.
Sponsored Links