Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 13:43

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%
Smile Creating a low-carb fact sheet

I put this out in the thread about the 16 year old Missouri girl who died supposedly from low-carbing.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...15&pagenumber=1

But I wanted to throw out the idea here too. I think its time that if we made the option of being proactive to naysayers a little easier.

I suggest that we complile a generalized fact sheet. It could cover the main "dangers" of low-carbing and the truth. I suggested it be modeled off of Atkins and could then be modified to the other plans individually. After agreed upon, it would be available to be downloaded and printed out.

Now with that said, I want to clarify that I think handing the fact sheet out as flyers randomly is inapporpriate and unneccessary. And that is NOT my intentions with this. Not for one minute do I believe that it would do anything more than make us look fanatical and add steam to the skeptics who already call it a fad.

I also want to clarify that I don't think a fact sheet should replace reading the respective books for people thinking about changing to a low-carb way of eating. As long as the sheet contains only nutrient, hydration, ketosis stuff and not diet procedure information, I don't think we'll run into the problem anyhow.

I DO believe it could be a valuable tool for those who feel attacked and bombarded on a regular basis by well meaning friends and family members and I believe that most of us might even learn something.

Any other ideas or input?
Sponsored Links