Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 08:48

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Unhappy Sick With The Flu

Hi All,

Okay, I had been doing really well. 2 1/2 weeks on this new LC WOE and I had already lost 8 lbs! Then I got sick. Cold/flu ickiness that made my appetite go bye bye. The thought of eating meat or, even worse, salad was painful. I think 2 days straight all I ate all day was a bagel w/ cream cheese and lots of water. The sickness began on 9/17. I was absolutely miserable until 9/24. Then it was craziness at work (Quarter end yuck), and a chock full weekend this weekend, including my baby brother's 1 year b-day party! Needless to say, I stayed HC until today. Back on the wagon as of this morning!! I can't tell you how gross I felt this morning trying to get dressed for work. Totally bloated, nothing looked good, must have changed my clothes 10 times, and I still hate what I'm wearing right now! I had 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties and a slice of amer. cheese for breakfast, my 1 c of coffee with milk/splenda, and have already drank 32 oz of H2O. So, I'm getting back on track. Will start back at the gym tomorrow too, now that I'm healthy again, and work has slowed down.

Has this happened to anyone else? Been sick and totally off the diet due to lack of appetite? What did you all do to get back on track?

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me!
~Kate
Sponsored Links