Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 17:11
Registered Member

Plan: e-diets Atkins
Stats: 289/273/200 Male 6' 5"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default What the hell is wrong with you?????

CAUTION THIS IS A LONG RANT!

Since I have started this thing yesterday (thing refers to Atkins btw) I have been reading pages upon pages of information and viewing this site and that site and something disturbing to me has come to light. “Parents putting their kids on diets”. I was a fat kid too and there are a lot of fat kids in the world but most will grow out of it. Now there are circumstances where yes a child needs to go on a diet such as health risks or a chemical type of thing, but there is nothing wrong with your kid being a chubby little guy or plumb little girl! Pinch their cute chubby checks give them a kiss and let them know they are loved and ok whether they are fat or skinny, tall or short, first in the class or the last.

The world is pretty jacked today and the last thing your kid needs is a self esteem problem from their parent that has them on a diet because he or she isn’t socially acceptable. To steal from my friends accrossed the pound THAT IS JUST RUBISH!

You know the reason there is an increase in child obesity? Well let me tell you what I think:

Technology:
You want your kid to trim down be happy and healthy? Get them off the computer and from in front of the Xbox and get them out playing. Running around in the woods, Playing football or hop-scotch in the middle of the street, hide and go seek, the real life sport or activities they are playing on the Xbox or computer. This keeps them in shape builds there imagination and teaches them how to work as a team.

Laws:
Skateboarding, Rollerblading, and just being a troublemaker. These are activities that some of us did as kids but now the law has made it impossible for kids to get out and do things. You can’t skate her or ride your board there, climbing through an abandoned house out in a backfield somewhere gets your parents sued and you get a record. Sneaking out was one of the best aerobic exercises I did as a kid. We didn’t do anything to bad but running everywhere getting the heart rate up and being very alert to your surroundings isn’t that bad then you come home usually safe and sound and get some sleep. Now the penalties is to too severe.

Fat Lazy Parents (me included):
So we are overweight and low on energy so we don’t want to run our kid to extracurricular activities or go outside and teach little Johnny how to play baseball or go to the park and play volleyball. We get fat and lazy and they don’t learn good habits and end up the same way.

I am not a doctor or Lawyer and only a part time parent so should I really be dispensing this information and advice? Yes, because the people in charge who should tell you this stuff are obviously a bunch of dope smoking retards….. just my .02 Have a Lovely Day
Sponsored Links