Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-02, 22:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 122/131/105
BF:26%/25%/18%
Progress: -53%
Question Other Names for Sugar/Carbs

Hi all!!! Does anyone know where I can find a list of ALL the names for sugar/carbs? I'm not talking about just the obvious ones like sucrose and fructose. I mean ALL the names. I searched the net for 2 hours last night and couldn't find a list.

I have some questionable ingredients in my vitamin/herb supplements that I'm either not sure if it is sugar/carbs or if the small amount in the vitamin will hurt my diet.

I have been looking for supplements without questionable ingredients but it seems that all the ones I need contain glycerin or maltodextrin or something else.

Here is a list of questionable ingredients in some of my vitamins:

maltodextrin
cellulose (vegetable or microcrystalline
dextrose
glycerin
gelatin
magnesium stearate/vegetable mag. stearate
potato starch
croscarmellose
gluconate
rice flower

Do any of you have any info on whether the amount of any of these items in a vitamin will throw me off track? I take several supplements with these ingredients and I take some of them 3 times a day. So, it could really make a difference. The problem is that I am taking all these things for a reason, I can't just stop forever.

A complete list of sugar names would be a HUGE help. Also, if anyone knows of a company that makes vitamins and herbs without these additives, can you please tell me?

Thank you so much!
Sponsored Links