Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 11:04
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%
Default Atkins weight loss supplement solution does work

Bottom line: stalled for nine months. I kept searching for ways to start losing again.

I got a new copy of Atkins Vita Nutrient Solutions and read it again, especially page 335 on overweight and obesity. Since I have found that everything Atkins has said in his books has been 100% true -- I thought I would try this also.

When I was buying Atkins brand vitamins I found www.VitaCost.com sold them much cheaper. Then I started buying VitaCost vitamins and supplements (which I think is their evil, twisted plan ). But they seem to have high quality, good variety, low cost, good service. I am in no way related to them or get anything from them for making this suggestion.

I had switched multivitamins from Atkins to Sam's club. I also now get my Fatty Acids from Sam's Club. It appeared to be about as good as anyone else's. Vitacost has some really good multivitamins -- but very expensive.

After rereading Atkins Vita Nutrients, I already was taking potassium (salt substitute) so I added magnesium and zinc.

VitaCost recommended taking Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and green tea. Since CLA is recommended by Atkins I started both of those.

I slowly started losing weight. It was so slow, I was not really sure if I was losing weight or it was another fake attempt.

Then I decided to turn it up a notch and take the other supplements recommended by Atkins.

So I added the vitacost GH product for amino acids
http://www.vitacost.com/Store/Produ...N&SearchText=gh

I also added their CoQ10, L-carnitine, and Lipoic acid
http://www.vitacost.com/Store/Produ...earchText=coq10

I added the TwinLab Choline & Inositol and the TwinLab Methionine. Atkins said this three combination "burns fat" (see bottom of page 81 carries over to top of page 82).

I added DHEA which is not recommended for people under the age of 40 (I am 43). I also added the Siberian Ginseng.

I was doing the Chromium but I am calcium intolerant and it contained a lot of calcium so I had to stop that. I have another Chromium supplement that I will try instead.
Sponsored Links