Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 21:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%
Cool Cher's Workout Routine

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the boards but wanted to participate in the Gym Logs. I think this is a great idea so thanks to so many of you who have helped to develop this bb.

I've been weight training for 8 weeks now and i'm really feeling good about this. Since I have a severe case of fibromyalgia I had to start really slow. So, I only started with 2 lbs weights and I'm only using 3 lb weights now. But, hey that's progress. I'm still in a lot of pain so I have to take pain pills to even work out. But, I feel like this will help the fibro in the long run. And, hopefully, I will not have to take the medication in the future. For right now, I exercise even if I'm in a lot of pain because I figure this is the only way that i can get back to normal.

Today I worked out my lower body for approximately 35 minutes. My workout is three reps of each exercise with 10 repetitions and a 15 second rest in between. The exercises I did today are:

THIGHS (Squats; Side leg lifts; Leg Curl; Lunges)
HIPS/BUTTOCKS (Standing butt Squeeze; Standing back leg extention
straight-leg kick up; bent-knee kick-up)
ABS (concentrated butt lifts; Crunch; Ceiling lift; Knee-raised crunch)
CALVES (Seated Straight-toe raise; Seated angled-out-toe raise
Standing Strait-toe raise; Standing angled-in-toe raise)

I was really happy with the measurements for the first 5 weeks. I'm not sure why my calves went up 1/2"...but, hopefully that will change

Chest - down 1/2"
Bust - down 1"
Left arm - down 1"
Right Arm - down 3/4"
Stomach - down 1 1/2"
Hips - down 1/2"
L. and Right Thigh - down 1/2"
Calves - Up 1/2" Not sure what happened here

I measure again on December 16th (once a month from now on). Hoping for the best.
Sponsored Links