Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 15:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 327/292/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Does addiction run in your family?

I have noticed something in reading post's here. I have noticed a lot of people who say they either have a parent/parents or family memebers with addiction problems...alcohol/drugs etc. I am wondering how many of us with "food" problems be it either carb addiction, overeating etc. have a family member who has an addiction of another kind because I am thinking that maybe genetically there is a connection...we just chose food as our drug of choice instead of alcohol etc. I personally have a brother who has been an alcoholic/drug addict since he was 13 ( he's 45 and still abusing) and I come from a long line of alcoholics, thankfully my own mother escaped this fate and my father doesnt abuse anything either. I suppose some could argue that the connection is mental and not genetic. So what do you think, could there be a genetic connectionn or is it a mental health issue or am I just crazy, weigh in and let me know what you think??
Sponsored Links