Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 00:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 332/308/180 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Finding motivation

Last fall, I had lost down to 273. Since then, my weight has crept back up to 285. Since then, I seem to have lost all ambition and drive to lose.

I've been working the usual 40 hrs at my day job...and in the evenings when I come home, I'm working to try to get everything together to start a small business venture of my own. The mindless eating while I'm buried in paperwork and product testing is what has packed on the pounds again.

A online friend (business owner who gives great advice) and I were chatting on Friday, and he said something that gave me my wakeup call again. He reminded me that as a business owner, everywhere you go, you're representing your company. It doesn't matter if it's going to church or the supermarket, you're still the owner/CEO/salesman...and as such, you are representing your company to the world.

During the months of struggles with the paperwork, I'd lost sight of that. I don't know this man in real life. Neither knows what the other looks like. Yet, his astute reminder has motivated me all over again.

What has kicked you in the pants and made you start over when you've gotten off track?
Sponsored Links