Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 15:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/123 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Induction and wanting to snack...HUNGRY!

Ok, I am almost 2 weeks into Atikins and I am hungry. I have been hungry for a few days and I long to have a decrease in appetite. Maybe I am one of those "5 smaller meals" kinda gals...I don't know. Maybe I'm just not always doing the right combo of food items to make me feel full. This is frustrating because I was hoping to be past this. I was like this on carbs too. I had a couple "good days", but I have had "good days" on carbs. I want to snack and I want sweets. UGH.

So far today I had a pumpkin mock danish w/ decaf, the toppings off of left over pizza (my D/H had friends over last night and they all got pizza, but we got the new Donatos NO Dough pizza...basically toppings cooked on a plate...not impressed. I DID NOT EAT ANY OF THE VERY TEMPTING "REAL" PIZZA WITH DELICIOUS CRUST!!! WHOO-HOO! They left the rest of the pizza and I ate thetoppings). Then I had 4 little roast beef (lunch meat) w/ cheddar roll-ups. I exercised, drank water and decaf and really still wanted to eat. I wanted sweet, so thinking it would address my craving and I'd stop picking at food to try to fill up, I decided to eat a treat to address the sweet craving. I had a few bites of low-carb ice cream (2 carbs) and 3 mini cheese cakes (2 carbs). I'm still hungry. Not STARVED, but I could eat. Maybe it is more of a time of day, stress, emotional, hormonal thing...I just want "something".

I want to jump start this thing too becasue I feel like I am not getting enough veggies. After several days in Induction, we got CC ice cream. FINALLY, A TREAT!!! We measured (so that's what 1/2 cup serving of ice cream looks like!) and enjoyed. However, I found myself trying to keep my carbs low during the day so I could have my treat...use the carbs for the treat...which nixed veggies once or twice (I KNOW! SHAME!) I need some moral support. I want to keep this up, but some days I want a pan of chocolate chip brownies, milk, and spicy nacho Doritos! AHHHHHH!!!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links