Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 06:07
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%
Thumbs down Anxiety

Well yesterday morning I woke up short of breath and chest pains.. I tried to take care of the house,kids,buisness, way too much after just burying my sister Sunday.. I had never felt that bad before. But the pain just got unbearable and the dizzy spells made me faint. Next thing you know Im at the doctors office on a EKG machine. They said my blood pressure was very high(which never had been) and my heartbeat was erattic.. They sent me straight to the hospital.. After HOURS of tests and waiting around it turned out it was a bad anxiety attack. SHWEW, my hubby was in tears.. They let me go home with strict orders to take it easy for a few days... That was the scariest I ever felt like dying.. Im soo glad to be ok and home...I exspected doctors and such to make some crack about being on the Atkins diet, but to my surprise not even a one said a negative thing about Atkins....SHOCKER..They did however ask me over and over if I was on ephedra or any other diet pills, I was like HELL NO. Im not crazy....They saw I was telling the truth once the bloodwork came back....Heres where I have a question for YOU the FORUM.......... My DH which is the one who got me started on this WOE, said," Hun, maybe you should take a few days off the diet." What in the world for? I tried to tell him the attack and the diet had nothing to do with one another but he was very scared yesterday..I do feel alot better this morning.. I just put too much stress and work on my plate at a sad family time..
I do NOT want to top this WOE for one day..
Please... I would really like some advice.. Thank you and God bless.
Angel
Sponsored Links