Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 364/319/165 Female 67 inches
BF:54.2/52/25
Progress: 23%
Question Atkins Accel - What's up with the Caffeine?

Has anyone else bought Atkins Accel. I didn't read the list of ingredients before buying. Just knew I wanted help to speed things along. To my surprise tho there's a caution on the bottle which reads as follows:

"This product contains naturally-occurring caffeine, approximately equal to one cup of coffee per serving. Consult your physician before using if you're on a caffeine- restricted diet."

Well as far as I know I'm on a caffeine-restricted diet advocated by the makers of this product. How do they reconcile the two? Does anyone have an answer?

I've actually taken 3 of the tabs which btw you're supposed to take one with each meal therefore approximately 3 cups of coffee caffeine equivalent daily. I've stopped taking them as I felt kind of sick and nervy and had pains the first day I took them. Wondered if I was having a HEART ATTACK so I decided to stop.

Remind me pls someone of why caffeine is bad for low-carbers and if you can point me to a page in DANDR that explains it.

Thanks.

Nicckkii
Sponsored Links