Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 11:36
100% pork rind free

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 215/182.5/180 Female 5 ' 10 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default Low-carbing Men Please Read

Hello!
My husband would belong to the TDC if he ever posted on message boards, but he does not. (He said I could ask for him, though.) Two days ago he surprised the heck out of me by saying, "I've decided it's time to do something about my fat ass. And, just to make it easier, I may as well do Atkins." I nearly fainted.

So, he wants to start on Monday. He's watched me do it for 14 weeks now and has a general idea of how it works. He doesn't want to read DANDR, he just wants me to tell him what to do. He doesn't want anyone who knows him to know that he's doing this; it's our secret. As far as I know, this is the first time in his life that he's ever considered a diet. When he was younger he used to be very active, but we're both couch potatoes now (I just started walking for exercise 3 weeks ago and he refused to join me).

He is 32, 6' tall, and weighs more than 300 lbs (he's not sure and doesn't want to know). He will not weigh or measure himself, he says he'll know how it's going by the way his clothes fit. He never eats breakfast and drinks more than a 2 liter of Diet Coke every day. This is going to be a huge lifestyle change for him.

It is very important to me that he gets off to a good start. I really, really, want him to succeed. Please help! I would love any advice you could give me. How is low-carbing different for a man? Is there something I should make sure I don't do because it could sabatoge it for him? How hard is it to stay on Induction for a long period of time? (I was only on it for 2 weeks.) Give me all your manly and triple-digit-related advice!

Thank you,
Rosa

Last edited by RosaAlta : Fri, Oct-31-03 at 11:38.
Sponsored Links