Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 22:28
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 376/339/190 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default How to deal with the boredom

Honestly now, let's admitt the fact that those of us who have well over 100 lbs to lose are going to face the tedium of weight loss. I knew this was going to happen to me. I heard all the horror stories of "hitting the wall." I knew (starting at 376) that I would eventually hit this stage. But, I believe you can plan to do something unique: take the wall head on! How? Let me wax on....

After losing 80+ pounds I saw the weight loss was now down to about a pound per week. I felt a stall coming on. It was only natural. It was bound to happen. But being so large I wasn't sure I could physcologically take a stall. I was getting used to seeing the scale go down, down, down. I was determined not to allow a stall to sidetrack me. So what did I do? I went on the Atkins maintenance diet. I planned my own stall and have done so now for about 45 days. I haven't gained a pound (but neither have I lost any). That is okay. I have reintroduced some valuable complex carbs into my diet. I still have abstained from white flour, rice, potatoes and sugar. I still excercise (a must!) daily. I refrained from weighing in. REMEMBER: I planned...on purpose...not to lose weight. I just did not want to gain any.

The result? Amazing! Mentally I am stoked. I now know that maintenance will be a snap once I get down to my goal weight. Because my body has become 'trained' to my new weight I expect ketosis to kick in like gang-busters, Once it does I expect to lose the first 20-30 pounds rapidly. I know it will slow down again but being almost 50% to my goal I can handle that.

It is important to note that this is my experience. I do not recommend it to everyone or anyone. It may or may not work for you. It has for me.

Happy lo carbing!
Sponsored Links