Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 10:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/162/137 Female 5 foot 2inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default My boob barometer & the slippery slope!!

Well - I havent exactly stalled, but things have slowed down for me lately and I feel "bloated" . I have had to reaxamine my eating again.

How do I know this - my "Boob Barometer" is telling me! I know it sounds weird but I can use my boobs as a sort of Atkins barometer - they seem to grow overnight when I am bad and go down overnight when I am being good!!! Anyone else experience this?

Anyway the results of my dietary self examination are :

I am not drinking enough water - i have gotten blase - i need to drink more as I know this will stop me feeling bloated.

I am not eating enough veggies as I am eating too many of my carbs from frankenfoods. I recently discoverd low carb bread, low carb chips. low carb chocolate covered peanuts, low carb keto crunch cereal. I can now happily go through a whole day not eating veggies but filling up on these things. I even ate keto crunch cereal and cream for dinner one night last week - (took me back to when I used to think that 3 bowsl of rice krispies with skim milk was a healthy dinner - cos it was low fat!!!). This is not good - these foods make me crave thngs I cant have but most importantly they stop me eating the vegetables and protein and fat I really do need.

I spent 3 months on a really strict diet and when i really started to feel thinner i relaxed and started the "one bite wont hurt" thing. Well it really does hurt!

So as of tomorrow I am back to basics for two weeks to re-educate myself about what I need to eat on this WOE. Inductio here I come!

Thanks for all the hints and tips on this board I pick up so much useful info from just reading about others day to day experiences doing this WOE - I just thought it might help someone else if I posted mine.

Claire and her barometer boobs!
Sponsored Links