Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 20:05

Plan: My Own/Atkins
Stats: 500/364/225 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hey Monika, had to check your posts before bedtime and I got snookered into this one:-)

Ok, I don't mind smaller people stopping in for a chat but really you can't compare a 30 pound over weight person to someone like me who started out at 500 pounds!! Its comparing apples and oranges you know?
I'm not afraid to step on a few toes by saying your starting weight should be about right for the TDC forum. 100+ (give or take a few pounds, I'm not a Nazi about it!)
I have never been able to be sympathetic to even my good friend who tells me her ass is too fat! She is a size 12 so I totally cannot relate to her at all. I give her validation, she has every right to feel her ass is fat (hey I'm just quoting how she describes it) but I cannot relate to something so silly sounding when spoken to someone my size. She can buy off the rack AND on sale! She can get in a plane seat, rides at the fair and not be pointed at like an attraction.
She can dine in a restaurant and not get snickers and stares. I realize that people view thier problems as big or little as they make them but there has to be some sort of perspective. While I had a slender attractive cousin who would stand in front of a mirror in high school and call herself "fat and ugly" I never understood it. I felt sorry for her and never did the same thing. I felt weird because everyone told me I was "fat and ugly" so yes its in the mind of the beholder.
I belive that people with around 100+ pounds to loose have a very different perspective on life and the TDC is a place for us to come and feel accepted and safe to talk about unique issues to super sized people.

Maybe I tromp on a few toes with my opinion but then I'm not a very PC person anyway>:-) *hehe*