Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 01:42

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Unhappy Be careful of what you wish for

Listen to this. My husband is not a LCer although he is becoming enlightened about the low carb WOE. He is very supportive and provides low carb selections of foods for meals ( he is the household chef ).
There is a co-worker who is 100 lbs overweight and his doctor told him that if he were to do Atkins he would die. We was recently diagnosed with diabetes and his stupid nutritionist put him on a high carb diet. You heard me correctly. Well hubby, with his knowledge of LCing told the guy that he would be dead in a year!!! He also gave me the assignment to straighten out his nutritionist at this guy's next appt. I am glad hubby has so much faith in this woe but he is going to get me in trouble. However, I have gathered information that was researched by other doctors regarding the importance of a low carb lifestyle. I want him to see that other doctors support low carb and why they do ( I have included Dr. Bernstein's research ). I will also have blood work next week that I will give him so that he sees what this diet can do for him. My hopes are that he takes these findings to his doctor and nutritionist and ask them to explain why my woe is better than theirs. This guy needs to take an active lead in the way he eats and deals with opinions of professionals. I hope that I can help without someone telling me that they are the ones with the degree not me.

Wish me luck and any suggestions are welcome
Black57
Sponsored Links