Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 11:27
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins - Aug 04
Stats: 204/204/133 Female 5ft 4inc
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Lets Talk About Constipation

Ive already searched through a number of posts about this, the ones i found the most informative were over a year old so i thought that i would ask the question again (sorry to repeat a question that has been covered before)

What is the best way to beat constipation whilst on this plan? My problem is that i only eat tomatoes & onion, no other veg. I just dont like them. So before i went onto Atkins my fibre intake was from wholemeal pasta and wholemeal bread, bran flakes etc so this wasnt a problem. I also ate a lot of fruit, but i know that this wasnt a perfect diet. (sometimes i would have to use fibrogel drinks) I do however drink LOTS of water. As i dont drink tea or coffee its all i drink whilst at work and then i just have one can of diet pop at night and then its back on to the water, this is something that i have done for years.

Is there anything i can take in tablet form that i can take on a daily basis to help with this? Ive read about psyllium & also Flaxseed Oil - call me stupid but do these come in a tablet form? I really want to stay away from liquids if possible as i find them really hard to drink.

Any help would be great,

With Thanks
Sponsored Links