Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 01:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/273.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Dr. Crooks test

I found my way to this site, from http://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htm

I found a referrence to Dr. Crooks test, and, after I added up my scores, I had an absolutely horrifying 384 points. I am feeling pretty desperate and hopeless at this point. I have been taking Diflucan, my dermotologist prescribed for me, although he told me to take it three times per week, I went ahead and took it everyday for three weeks, to see if I could reduce this infection. I have a frequent, and unbearable rash under my abdomen, that sometimes leaves me almost unable to even walk, it hurts so much. The doctor said it is from having a raging infection in my intestines. I use a Nizoral cream for it, but it never goes away completely. Obviously, I fit almost all of the questions on Dr. Crooks test, I am always so exhausted that I don't even know what to do with myself. I get the Diflucan and the Nizoral in three month supplies, for the same co-pay that 1 month would cost, because I can order it through mail order in 3 month batches. The cost of doing that is quite a strain, but I am very thankful I am not paying that every month. I don't know what to do about trying to get some of these supplements to help destroy this infection. I am wondering if any one knows which supplements I should definately get, since there is no way I can possibly get very many of them??

Also, I have rosacea, and had the yeast infection LONG before I sought treatment for the rosacea, however, for the rosacea, I am supposed to take tetracycline. I have two cysts on my face, and am torn between taking the tetracycline, and not taking it, because it can make the yeast worse. I take 4 acidophillus pills per day, with 40,ooo,ooo colony forming units per tablet,at time of manufacture.

I read some of those pages in tears. I want to thank you all, and the man named Kent, for providing me with this VALUABLE information. I am so relieved to learn that there is a reason I feel so horrible, and bloated. I am relieved to know that my house is so cluttered and in such desperate need of a thorough cleaning that I am completely overwhelmed just looking at it. I am relieved to know I am not just a big, fat, lazy, worthless slob, like I have been telling myself for years. I plan to research a bit, and try my hardest to alter my diet, to stop feeding this out of control yeast colony, no, I think there are so many of them, they make their own universe, but, I know it will be a long hard road.
I have been doing atkins diet since November 2002, and I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times, but, have done remarkably well, considering how severe of a carb addict I was. I have lost 10 lbs, while my mom, who started in November, but, didn't get serious until January, and has lost 60 lbs since January. My cousin started it, he lost 10 lbs the first week, his little sister lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks, and my uncle lost 40lbs in the past two months. I feel so hopeless, and I watch their sucess. I feel that for all of my efforts , and all that I have given up that I loved so much, I am simply a failure. I know there are many factors that are blocking any success that I might have, now. But, sometimes, I just feel like giving in, and going back to the old way of life, because then, although I was so sick after eating a high carb meal, and drinking my daily 2 liter of Pepsi, at least I found some pleasure in my indulgences. I won't give up.. I just feel like it sometimes, when I become to overwhelmed by my struggles.
I am sorry to carry on so long, with my whining and crying, not a good way to make a first impression, I know.
Thanks for all the great site listings, and the information. At least now, I know that there's hope, there is hope, right??
Sponsored Links