Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 17:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/180/150
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Dark Undereye Circles?

Has anyone experienced dark circles under their eyes when lc'ing? I have noticed them for at least a week now, dh actually noticed them now too which surprised me and means they are dark!

This is my first time on Atkins - a little over a month into it. I have and have read the majority of DANDR - will read other parts as I move to other levels. I take a mult vit w/out iron daily, plus added a cal mag zinc supplement to help with leg/foot cramping. I followed induction to a t - lost 14 lbs! I have fluctuated a bit since then, but have basically maintained my weight loss and no more. I felt crappy during the start of induction and at points when I was not getting in enough carbs. But, lately I've been feeling pretty good and feeling like I'm losing inches - enough to keep me going with this WOE. I am in keotsis right now according to my random morning test stripping and the way I feel.

I am still frequently getting muscle "crampy" feelings in legs, etc. - not severe anymore but if I stretch it is especially true. Today, my mid-back totally froze up and now hurts - I was carrying about 14 or so lbs - this has never been a problem for me in my life! Just finished my TOM, all was fine - a bit heavier and crampier but nothing I cannot handle. HELP - the eye circles have me worried and add the back muscle thing today... I don't want to stop lc'ing - but I am getting worried. I do journal - I pretty much eat when I am hungry throughout the day - I try to get to 20 carbs a day - sometimes I don't... I do a good job with the water most days unless I get really busy at work... UGH.

Sorry, long post!
Sponsored Links