Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 19:38

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

Well i did tell someone that I was only going to obsess about my body and exercise from now on and yes I think im there. I just finished working those flabby arms again. Actually there not all that flabby but they are not tight and toned either. I did tricep kickbacks 10# two sets and french press 20# 2sets and three different versions of a bicep curl with the 10# weights i have. Have to go to walmart this weekend and pick up some bigger wts so I can do more of this at home besides the gym...told you i was going to obsess. Tommorrow afternoon there is a big family function to attend were i will see many cousins...hey when your italian you know your 4th and 5th cousins and your related to just about everybody. Last function was in may and i weighed 300 so this ought to be interesting...saw my godmother tonight and she is so proud of me...saw her five weeks ago and she couldnt believe the difference in me in such a short time. Tommorrow i think just some bfl cardio and week 11 is done. One more week and its time to take some pictures.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 09:21

Well all i can say is i am sore...did anybody get the number of that bus that hit me.....I want to sue....really those last two days workouts kicked a$$ and I can really feel those pile squats and that wonderful ab/ad machine..do you think if i sneak it out of the gym anyone would notice. My biceps ache also which is a good thing. I measured today even though the bloat of tom is present..sorry to be so graphic about this but us girls know what i mean. I actually lost more inches... I know i look in the mirror and cant believe its really me but the tape measure dont lie. I figure at this rate the 155 goal i have set for myself i should be a size 4 or something. The boobs and butt are still there and will define my shape no matter what so thats okay. The legs need many hours of work to look sexy and will continue to be focused in the gym as well as those arms and abs...Hey do you realize that now not every area of my body is a problem area anymore.

I looked back at my first challenge which i only completed 7 weeks and then i had that awful flood in the basement. I really cant say it was awful because i netted $10,000 dollars from it and i have money to do many things to fix up the place..and it really needs the attention. Back to challenge one results..

bust was 46 and then was 44 after 7 weeks
hips were 50 and then were 45 after 7 weeks
waist was 39 and then was 35.75 after 7 weeks

in the interim i just lcd and did the treadmill faithfully

Now this challenge 2
bust was 43 and now 40
waist was 35 and now 30.5
hips were 44 and now 40.5

I wonder if there is anyway to graph this and predict the results on the next challenge..well there is always excel so when i go to work monday i will have to see about playing around with these numbers to see. I am a scientist dont you know.

I set predictions on my weight back in july and i am happy to say that i am 22 pounds ahead of schedule. I also reset goals in october based on the results i was getting and they were agressive goals for me and although i fell short in january I made up for it in febuary and i am right on schedule in fact i have to lose only one more pound this month to make my predictions.
I also set size predictions for myself and i am ahead by one size. I based my predictions on what happened 7-8 years ago when i did a lowfat diet and alot of walking. I actally have more muscle this time and its all do to bfl and nautilus therefore one size smaller.
I didnt do the cardio this morning because i am so sore but will use today as my free day and do it tommorrow with some crunches...oh no mr bill im obsessing again......
  #123   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-03, 18:18

Today was somewhat of a lazy day for me. I did my twenty on the treadmill this morning and although the yard needs some work i decided to do something fun with the kids. After the ritual of walmart and my protein bars and shakes we went to the movies and say agent cody banks which wasnt all that bad..Took the little girl who lives across the street with us..her mom died last year and i have tried to be somewhat of a role model for her and let her know i am here for her if she needs a girl to talk to...Sometimes you dont realize how lucky you are when you have your health. I will be doing the crunches in a few ...Tommorrow is a gym day and still have more research on new and exciting exercises to shake up my routine.
Laurie
  #124   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 09:49

This morning i did 15 on the treadmill bfl style and have plans to hit the gym at lunch time. Didnt do any crunches yesterday but will focus on legs and abs today at the gym. Bodyfat down again and 30...29 is not far behind. Weight also down.
Laurie
  #125   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 13:08

god its beautiful outside today. Yes of course i went to the gym...im obsessive about this now.
todays workout:
10 minutes on precor trainer with resistance 8 incline 2
2 sets of each with varying wts
Lunges
rear lunges
squats
pile squats
stiff legged dead lifts

Lunge form much better and after reading an article in oxygen on free weights being the key to sleek strong legs have decided to focus on these exercises for a while with some nautilus machines mixed in.

Leg curl 2 sets each of 12reps of 105/95#
ab/ad machine ab 4 sets of 12 at 90/100
ad 3 sets of 12 at 90/100/110

ab machines both nautilus and galilieo at 2 sets each with 90/100 on the galilieo and 95/80 on the nautilus. finished with lots of floor crunches...obilique,frog,reverse,straight leg, bent knee..very intense to say the least.
cool down: 10minutes on the bike.

Tommorrow is upper body and cardio.
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 07:33

I was able to get in 16minutes this morning on the treadmill bfl style and plan on hitting the gym at lunch for some upper body with emphasis on arms....

Those size 10 jeans are already getting loose in the waist...Its really depressing when your tightest pair of jeans is not all that tight and there not even two weeks old...god I love it!!!!!

And i still have this lingering cold..damn it...gotta go time for coffee...

more to follow..
Laurie
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 14:15

"Todays upper body..focus arms and shoulders

10 minutes arctrainer resistance 10 incline 2
bicep curl 10/15/20 12reps each
concentrated curl 10/15 12each
tricep kickback 10/15 12reps each
french press 10/15/20 12reps each
shoulder shrugs 10/15 12reps each
vertical shoulder 10/15 12reps each
front shoulder raises 10/15 12reps each
side shoulder raises 10# 10reps each
compound row 85/95/105 12reps each...works your bicep as well
vertical chest 50/55/60 12/12/10reps ...works tricep as well
lower back 80/90/105 12reps each
lat pulldown 45/50/55 12/12/10reps each
finish up with 5 minutes on the bike.....

not a bad workout in all...trying to maximize my time at the gym with some effective workouts that will generate compacting of the muscle...went at shoulders from all directions..still need more bicep and tricep moves..must check exrx.net for some ideas....

This bitch isnt skinny enough for her own good yet....the size eights are calling me as well as a 34bra and medium tops....

I think tommorrow i will be doing some stretching...
L
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 08:46

Today i will be doing some stretching tonight and some crunches for the lower ponch....i guess thats what happens when you have kids...actually my lower belly doesnt look all that bad but i want to see the apollo(lower belly muscle outline) its called something like that...hey if janet jackson can see hers then i want to see mine. Wearing a medium top today...yipee
Okay back to work for me..boss is being a little pain in the rear today..and he was an hour late for work....in my steve martin voice....EXCUSE ME!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!
laurie
  #129   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 07:57

This morning i did twenty of the treadmill bfl style and will be going to the gym for lower body around lunch time...more notes to follow. Last night went shopping the mall so that was my exercise...hey i had heels on ...god i love victoria secrets....
Lau
  #130   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 13:56

Okay im back from the gym and just finished my protein intake as well...40g about.
workout as follows:
10 minutes on precor trainer at resistance 1 incline 10
lunges 5/8# 10 reps each and each leg
side lunges with the same wts for 10 reps each side each...i can feel that back of my butt where it attaches to the hams the whole time...going to be sore tommorrow...yes
stiff legged dead lifts 8/10/12 12reps each
squats 8/10 12 reps each
pile squats 16/20 10 reps each
leg press 160/180/200 12reps each
leg ext. 105/95/85 12reps each
ab/ad machine
ab 110/120 4 sets, 2 each with 12reps
ad 110/100 4sets , 2 each with 12 reps...getting better at this...hopeing for sexy inner thighs..not just strong
ab machine nautilus 90/80 12reps each
ab machine galilieo 90/80 12reps each
floor crunches including obilique, reverse, bent knee and straight leg
5 minute cool down on bike.....

I dont think i had the pump i usually have but still doing research on adding some carbs here and there...dont want to stop the weight from falling off ..now do i.
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 10:11

damn these R&D meetings are wicked long...dont they know i have to do some posting today...
this morning i got in 15 on the treadmill bfl style and plan on hitting the gym this afternoon for some upper body...
back to work for me guys...be back later
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 14:22

Todays workout:
cybex arctrainer 10min on resistance 10 incline 3
super pullover 55/60/65 12reps each
compound row 80/90/100 12reps each
vertical chest 50/55/60 12/11/8reps
chest fly 8/10 12reps each
shoulder shrugs 10/12 12reps each
front shoulder raises 8/10/12 12reps each
overhead shoulder raises 8/10 12reps each
bicep curl 10/12/15 12rep each
concentrated curl 8/10/12 12reps each
tricep curl 8/10 12reps each
french press 10/15 12reps each
tricep kickback 8/10 12reps each
10minute cool down on the bike.
I actually had a good workout and feel so invigorated now...didnt run out of gas like usually..whats up with that....

The weekend is almost here people and need to have so serious fun...later
Laurie
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 11:52

Okay try wearing 31/2 inch heels all night and never sit down and dance your booty off. the dogs are tired today and are resting from the treadmill. challenge over..measurements will be posted tommorrow. I do have my two inch heel boots on today and i will do some mall shopping so that will be my exercise for today. Tommorrow we start the Mischa Challenge
and all out attempt to capture the perfect bode...the jlo butt and the janet jackson abs...my reward thats easy...bikini baby.....

Later
laurie
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 21:09

Okay so i got in a few crunches I just couldnt help it...Looking forward to tommorrow and pictures..I bought a disposable camera for pictures and ashleys tournament. Hopefully cvs will being doing the one hour thing...actually took some pictures the other night with the camera but there was only two left and hopeing for a decent shot..ya right...still way to much of me...
Laurie
  #135   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 09:43

Well its the end of challenge 2 and results were good. I lost 27 pounds and gained 1 pound muscle. I went from 39% to 30% bodyfat. All measurements improved..some more than others
Neck 14.5 to 13.5
above bust 39 to 36.5
bust 43 to 40
under bust 38 to 35
waist 35 to 30.5
hips 44 to 40.5
thigh 25.5 to 24
knee 16 1/8 to 15
calf 16.25 to 15
ankle 8.5 to 8.25
upper arm 12.75 to 12.25
wrist and lower arm no change....

Total inches lost is 22 1/8 inches

Planning on creating a new routine and I will start cardio kick boxing in three weeks at the ymca with my daughter. I am happy with myself but since now im obsessive like you nat well maybe not as bad but definitely bitten by the exercise bug big time...I want to do all kinds of things...bike riding, rollerblading, swimming...etc...........