Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-01, 20:36

Plan:
Stats: /200/185
BF:
Progress:
Angry Please help me, i dont know what to do anymore

Please, someone give me some advice. I'm a 19 year old male. I am 5'10 and weigh 200 pounds. I am about 20 pounds over weight. I have been over weight since about the age of 14. I have no clue why though. I am never hungry, i eat about 2 meals per day. I am NEVER hungry in the morning, so my 1st meal is usually at like 2 pm. Then my last meal is at like 7 pm, and i dont eat 3 hours before i go to sleep because i read that helps burn fat. Why the heck am i overweight? I have no clue what to do anymore, i go to the gym every other day, I eat pretty healthy. What am i doing wrong? I never feel hungry in the morning,could that be the problem? that i dont eat breakfast? Would having some cereal with milk be enough for breakfast? please someone help me out, i am just so confused. Please give me some tips, or anything. I have been thinking about getting stacker2, but im afraid of the side effects. Can i pull this off? I have not been able to drop 15 pounds in last 5 years,how can i do it now? do i need a supplement? I'm just scared of the side effects.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-01, 21:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/230/180 Female 68
BF:35.6
Progress: 17%

dualman25,

the pills and potions won't help in the long run. I have been overweight for 10 years or even more... who's counting? I have done the Redotex (presciption diet pills from Mexico), I have tried the Metabolife, I have tried diet pills in Germany. They all worked more or less, but as soon as I quit, the weight came back + 10 lbs. My philosophy now is: "Drugs did not make me fat, they won't make me thin for life." And the 'for life' is the key.

I, too, am not a morning eater. Actually, my schedule is normally much like yours. I have observed that "grazers", people who snack here and there and eat a bit at a time many times over the day seem to be much more successful in maintaining or losing weight. It goes totally against my nature, and I have been trying to do it for the last week.

No, cereal and milk won't be good for you, regardless of what diet you chose. Cut the sugar, if nothing else. When my husband was diagnosed with diabetes, and he cut out the sugar from his daily food chain, he lost 20 lbs right off the bat. Try to live on foods that do not contain added sugar (i.e. sweets of *any* sort, breads, bbq sauces, salad dressings and many other foods that have hidden sugars in them). Concentrate on natural foods, such as foods which are not processed by man before their final state, wihtout preservatives.

Of course, having had rapid and huge success on the Atkins diet before, and feeling great on it now, I am a heavy advocate of this way of life. I love eggs and cheese, and meat and fish, and care little for veggies. The sweets cravings have virtually disappeared in the last week, and even there are "helpers" for the unavoidable need for sweets that does occur occasionally.

But if nothing else, try 'grazing', eating small amounts of healthy foods more often throughout the day. I love little snack packs of peanuts (1 per day max), or pork rinds for inbetweens.

Look up various diets on the internet. There are a lot of low-carb ways of life which all are similar. Find one that suits your life style and your metabolism (trial and error might be necessary, I suppose)

Good luck on your endeavor. This board has tons of good advice, and there are other low-carb boards available.

Liz
who knows a lot but hasn't followed her own advice a lot of times.

Last edited by lizwolf : Mon, Jun-25-01 at 05:09.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 01:22
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi dm25,

Welcome to the board!

Since I don't know what you are eating or what you look like, it could be possible that not eating till 2:00 p.m. could be having a negative effect on your body. Your body may think it's starving. If your last meal is at 7:00 p.m. and then next is at 2:00 p.m. the next day, you are going for 19 hours without being "re-fueled". Doesn't that seem a bit strange?

If this is the case, your body will be hanging on to it's stored fat because it's nervous about when it's next fuel is coming.

If you want to low carb, buy or borrow Protein Power or Dr. Atkin's New Diet Revolution. The Tips Section in the red bar at the top of the page will give you a good overview of what low-carbing is about.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 07:35

Plan:
Stats: /200/185
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for all of the advice. What Im eating is a Tourkey and cheese sandwitch with everything on it and a bottle of spring water in the afternoon. And in the evening i go over my mom's house and get some home cooking -=) hehe. Can you guys recommend what a good breakfast meal is? I really want to start making myself eat brekafast. I have a seven eleven right near my house. WHat could i get there that would make a good breakfast?

PS. Do those shakes work? Like protein and etc? SOmetime i think i dont get enough of vitamins and etc because i pretty much eat the same the same thing everyday. A turkey and cheese sandwitch and soup and some noodles or whatever with beef in the evening.Can you recommend any food that will provide me with some of the vitamins and protein that i need? Or is there a shake i can buy everyday?