Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 20:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 524/524/325 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Very little movement.

Hello, I haven't been here for a while, to many long days, and I have not always been able to stay 100% on plan. I have had little movement in my loss and now that things are calming down in my world, I am looking for suggestions on how to get this thing moving again. I seem be staying around the 408 give or take 5 pounds. I have noticed that I can weigh in the morning and by bedtime be up 12-15 pounds in a days time. I think this is from my other medical problems, but it makes one very disheartened to see this happen, yet I am still trying.

Has anyone else gone through times in thier journey where this type of thing has happened to them, if so how did you get things back on track?

thanks
dave
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 21:14

Plan: Curves
Stats: 315/286/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

I have had little movement on the scale, but I have problems with edema so I ignore it and go by how my clothes fit. I have broken my addiction to food, so I will follow this WOE regardless of the weight loss. I have also heard, and am going to try, fitday.com for entering what you eat etc. You have had a great loss so far! Congrats!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 07:55

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Dave, when I first started, I simply tried lowering my carbs. The first few weeks I only tracked carb count. I started by setting 150 carbs per day as my goal and I lost weight. Once I started seeing that success and started learning more, then I cut back to 125...then to 100...then to 70 and so on. That really worked for me, so you could try an approach like that. I think the key is to have a little bit of success and then build upon it.

You really do have to want this to make it work. I suggest you might want to examine you motives and see if their is something holding you back. Fear of being thin, fear of success, etc... You've been here long enough to understand this, so there probably is something holding you back.

It's not easy, but you can do this! Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi Dave!

Congratulations of asking for help when you need it. That is truly the first and most important step. You might consider starting a journal and committing to writing in it every few days. You can track your weight loss, put in your menus, or just share your thoughts and challenges as you move along. This would help you get to know people better so that your support system expands as you tackle this important journey.

I weigh myself just once a week and record that. I do it in the morning after the first bathroom visit . If you weigh yourself at different times of the day you will certainly feel discouraged. Because you are weighing water weight, meals for the day, etc. Those late in the day weigh-ins really don't mean a darned thing. I keep a weekly loss record in my signature line and I look at it when I feel discouraged because it is normal for my weight to bounce around a bit. AARGH!

(((((((((Dave))))))))))) Keep posting! One day at at time! Try to make each day the best low-carb day possible and let go of yesterday and tomorrow....... That is the only way I can do this.

Orchid
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 09:25
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Dave, stalls are common, even for long periods of time. But, you did mention that you haven't been on plan 100%, so maybe it's that you have been off plan a bit that has caused your stall.

Can you go back to induction for a week or two? That might jumpstart things.

I don't really have very much advice to offer, but keep posting, keep reading, keep active on the forum, I find for me that staying active on these boards keeps me focused on the fact that losing weight is my number one priority right now.

Good luck, I hope things get turned around for you.

Valerie
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 19:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 524/524/325 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I weigh every 2 weeks, but occasionally I will step on the scale in between dates. The whole lower extremitiy swelling makes accurate weights difficult to obtain. With the warm weather coming the swelling will worsen so my weight will go up, but this is a given and I understand it.

I really have no fear of any of the items mentioned. If this were not something I wanted to do i would not have made it this long. The biggest motivation for me is I don't want to do the surgery route, if I can do anything about it. As for the understanding part I read the book, what i thought was needed to get this going, and still seem to have trouble at times.

The whole journal thing, I am not sure where i would find the time to do it faithfully, followiing this plan isn't as hard as I thought it would be. For the most part I am eating on plan, there are only occasional days when I may deviate for a meal, but even then I try to choose wisely. time is a big thing with me, with everything happening around me, most being things that I need to deal with or give my attention to.

I am not about to give up, I have finally noticed some differences in a few things, positive changes for sure.
I will try to check in when possible, I usually just go through the threads and read the ones that I find interesting, and there are quite a few. There are a lot of great people here and it is great to read posts from the new as well as veteran TDCers.

dave