Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 11:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/210/170
BF:
Progress: 62%
Talking Hi, I'm new and Need support :)

Hi Everybody!!!

I'm Vanessa

I have been doing Atkins since June 2002 and I already lost **65** pounds!!!!!!
But recently, I got kind of bored with it...and started allowing myself some sweets and stuff.... I really want to go back and be "good" again -- this diet works like MAGIC!!!
I really need some support from fellow Atkiners -- did you guys have a time when you got a bit lenient and allowed sweets days and...... stuff? How do you get back? How do you motivate yourself?
I have a feeling this forum has lots of nice people and I hope to make some friends here

Anyway hello again to everyone Glad to be here!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 11:18
Registered Member

Stats: 184/167.5/145
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi Vanessa,

I'm new too. Congratulations on your success! I tried Atkins once before, lost 10lbs in 2 weeks, but then gave up, with boredom. Now I'm trying it again, looking for more variety to help keep me going. I've done more research this time. Any tips or advice to keep me going? Judi
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 14:23

Stats: 275/210/170
BF:
Progress: 62%
Arrow Chocolates :)

Hey,

Thanks so much for replying
I found that what kept me going were these artificially sweetened things -- CarboLite and other things. I knew I could always have a couple of chocolates and sweets that won't bring up the number of carbs. So, just KNOWING that you can have sweets (even if ones that you have to buy specially) kind of keeps you happy -- you're not really deprived even if you don't eat the stuff!!! Do you know what I mean? When you know you CAN'T have something, you want it more, right? So not having that restriction makes you relax -- this is doable! And even if you do crave something sweet -- there is lots of choices out there that let you indulge and stay on the plan!!

Personally I am now looking for something chocolatey that does not produce that "laxative effect" number. I am one of those "sensitive individuals"
Any suggestions?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 14:44
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi and congrats on your first big loss and your choice to get back to it!

You should start a journal here, it will give you ongoing support and make you accountable for posting your daily menus. We promise to offer you wanted or unwanted advice now and again.

FYI - there are lots of chocolatey lc things (I make a fudge, biscotti and brownies) you can make without sugar alcohols BUT if you are out of control - bring your carbs down to get back to ketosis and then you will be in control of your appetite again before adding other treats.

All the best.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 14:46

Plan: General Low carb
Stats: 302/295/185 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi Vanessa =)

Nice to have you... Yes I too lost quite a bit of weight to begin with and then slowly let myself slide, I am still up about 15 pounds from when I was at my lowest...
Definately start a journal, and we can keep in touch!
Good luck =)
Tammy