Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 12:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/132/120
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Fast Weight Loss

HI All,

I started Atkins on Friday and Thursday night I went a little crazy with the carb's to try and get it out of my system. On Friday morning I weighed 135.6 pounds and Sunday morning I was 132 pounds. Is that all water weight, or just my body getting rid of the carb bloat? I was very excited with the results, but I am afraid the next time I step on the scale I might go up or stay the same. I know I don't have a lot to lose so I was pretty shocked with the 3.6 pound loss the first 2 days. What do you all think? Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 12:55
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

In the beginning you lose water weight (there is much water weight associated with eating carbs) so relax and just get into the grove.

Just remember realistic goals... in the first two weeks of induction, most people lose 10% of the amount they wish to lose. Then 5% of the weight to lose each month after.

It does slow down but it works and is quite healthy.

All the best.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 13:57

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Lisa - 5% each month thereafter of the weight you need to lose? That is so low

I have 23 lbs to lose to reach goal and at the 5% ratio that is 1.15 lbs a month. At that rate it will take me 20 months to lose the weight Are you sure about that ratio?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 13:58
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Just the average....

Of course adding exercise or cheating would change those figures.

Sorry but yes says the woman trying to lose 15 more pounds this year....

But BUT BUT this time it is staying off and i'm going to be healthy and know how to take care of myself.

XOXO
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 18:02
Registered Member

Stats: 315/215/200 Male 5ft. 10in.
BF:
Progress: 87%

Yeah the first bit is water weight and it will come off really fast, but like you I also dreaded getting back on the scales for fear that i wouldn't lose any more but I have proved my self wrong each time. I try to weigh on Monday and Friday so I have somethin to look forward to at the end of the week. Also cutting way back on sodium intake has helped me out alot.