Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 10:47
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Default I Measured Today...Results after 11 days on Induction

Well, I wasn't gonna measure myself until this the initial Induction period of 2 weeks was up. I had a rough day yesterday, KaeLyn is teething and is not her usual self, hubby has not been feeling good since Thursday evening,was running a 104 degree fever,and has been running a low-grade fever since then, got into a rather disagreeable conversation with a collections agency agent, who just did not seem to understand the term FIXED budget, then got flamed on here...it all added up.Anyhow I was seriously craving sweet... not physically I don't think, but emotionally... and I think it goes back to those times when I was younger of being pacified with food,...I did not give into those cravings and I journaled about it... that helped some...BUT ANYHOW.... all that to say this... I decided seeing where I was on the measurements might help,because I can see some results and I am happy to share this:
A Loss of 15 1/4 inches since Sept. 20th!!!
Sure, I still have a ways to go, but I am a little over 1/10th of my goal! Just wanted to share this good news with all of you~ Y'all are great~ Thanks EVER so much for the support I get here~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 12:54
Registered Member

Plan: Shark Cycle Plan
Stats: 410/323/250
BF:
Progress: 54%

Great news

Just keep it going.....you'll find it gets easier with time
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 21:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/242/180 Female 5feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking good job

Wow !your doing really good keep it up
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 22:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default That is amazing!

Wow that is simply amazing.

I never measured when I first went on Atkins, so I really couldn't say how many inches I have lost total, but when I finally lost 50 pounds I measured. I still have the tape that I recorded it on. So now after 2 additional years I can compare against that 50 pound off mark that I first hit in November of 2000, and I found that I had lost an additional 23 inches though not much additional weight. It is good to know, that can happen. Because it is one way to find encouragement when all else fails. But 15 inches this fast is just amazing.

Keep it up you are doing great!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 01:05
Registered Member

Thumbs up thanks~

thanks shark01,sherry & tracilynn... sherry.. I am measuring about 15 different places , but then again, there are some places where I didn't show a loss yet... operative word there is YET! I fully expect to have losses show up everywhere they can! With this loss on weight, and measurements, I have almost 1/10th loss on weight, and a bit over 1/10th of measurement goals met~ so I am on my way~ again thanks for the encouragement~ that is another reason this board is so great!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 07:31
Registered Member

Plan: Keeping carbs under 20
Stats: // Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress:

Way to go! Measuring is defineately the way to measure your success. Are you working out? I have been lifting weights and my weight loss has stalled but in one month I have gained a notch on my belt.

Keep up the good work!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 09:02
Registered Member

Default Not working out

JerseyDon, I achieved this loss without working out... constant pain in my body has deterred me from working out. It is all I can do, to get through a regular day... taking care of the kids is some days all I can do, and the more active KaeLyn (our almost 1 yr. old) is... the more busy my day is In Jan. of this year, I lost 35" in a month's time without working out,.... just think what it's have been with a workout! I am praying that I will be able to be even a little painfree, more than now, so I can do workout! Thx for posting tho~ and the congrats!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 20:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289/277/155
BF:
Progress: 9%

Way to go!! I didn't measure when I started I think I'll do that in the morning and see how I do in say a month! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 20:24
Registered Member

Smile Hiya Nancy~

I guess that I should update on this~ from Sept. 20th, until Oct. 20th... one month on induction, I lost 34.50 inches!~ the incredible thing about it, is that is without exercising! I am working on adding some light weights, and some exercises that I can adapt to my current fitness level... I am in constant pain through my lower back/pelvis... it affects all areas of my life... and definitely exercising! But I am working on it! The good thing about measuring, is that sometimes the tape measure will keep showing loss, when the scale doesn't. I hate weighing myself... I get crazy about it, wanting to weigh all the time, all thru the day...so I take the battery out, and I weighed myself twice... a week after i started, with a loss of 14 pounds, and then on Oct. 20th, with another 6 lost, making for a total of 20 lbs. I'll take it heheheh.