Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 07:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/191/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default True Confessions

I have to confess to being really dumb. I have been on Atkins since May 3 and had lost 15 pounds during May. DH and I love to cruise and we had one scheduled for May 31. We just got back Sat. and had such a good time. I could have stuck to my Atkins plan but I didn't. As you know a cruise is just wall to wall food, and really would have been easy to "be good". Never found a cruise desert I like so that was no problem. I did back slide with the bread (toast of a morning and a hotdog bun), potatoes, fruit, and ice cream. I was doing good and enjoying myself and by Thursday it must have caught up with me. I became so sick (after my second ice cream sundee in about a five hour span with a meal between. I was in the room around five so sick. I was in bed by six, feeling like I was going to die. The only thing we could figure out was overloading my body back up with sugar and carbs. It seemed to affect me like someone getting drunk. I learned a lesson. The food was not worth the suffering I went through. It didn't end Thursday I was queasy all day Friday. We got home late Saturday night and got back on program yesterday. I am having to go through some withdrawl today. It was truely not worth it, and I could have eat on program with no problem. Hope my stupidity will help someone think twice before they get crazy like I did. It won't happen to me again, I learned my lesson.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 07:47
Registered Member

Stats: 180/130/120
BF:
Progress: 83%

I guess the hardest thing to remember is that Atkins is a way of life and you can't just eat what you want ever time something special comes up. I sounds like you learned your lesson though. Sorry to hear that it had to spoil your cruise. It sucks being sick on vacation. Better luck next time
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:10
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Live and learn!

If you had never done it, you wouldn't know how bad carbage could make you feel. May your detox be swift and relatively painless.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 04:53

Stats: 182.6/162/133 Female 61 inches
BF:What fat??
Progress: 42%

Well, goodness, that is terrible. Your story has definitely made me think twice. Am going overseas in September and I think I've had it in the back of my head that I will go off the diet then. Gosh, not if overloading on carbs will make me that sick tho. Darn shame it ruined your trip. Hope you're feeling heaps better now
Cheers
Pam
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 07:19

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default for pamlyn

pam.... this is off topic but i tried to return your pm and it says your mailbox is full... clean that out gurl!...lol
-catherine