Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 09:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/214/165 Female 70 inches
BF:34.4/34.4/20
Progress: 9%
Default Two months of Atkins and I feel Great!

Today I am celebrating two months of this WOE!!

I can not believe how wonderful I feel. After watching many friends and coworkers lose weight over the years, I was always a skeptic.
I think I feel so great beacause I am not on a diet, but I have changed my eating habits FOREVER!

The last month has been a bit if a struggle with no pounds lost. However, I am down one pound this morning and I have lost a ton of inches. Going from a very fat 16/18 to a perfect 14 at Banana Republic (and their stuff is cut slim!)

I think I have identified that nuts, sugar free chocolates, and too much cheese cause me to lose very slowly. The key here is moderation.
I actually ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory yesterday and did not even think about chessescake or any dessert at all! Gone are the sugar and carb cravings!

I could go on and on! Thanks for letting me share some of my success and happiness with all of you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 09:34

Plan: Atkins- OWL/Pre-M
Stats: 165/144/140 Female 70 inches (5' 10")
BF:30%/19.28%/19%?
Progress: 84%

Congratulations!
Isn't it great? And its a really good learning experience. Those first few days of detoxing really taught me just how bad for me the things I was putting into my body really were.

I'm so happy for you. Kepp it up.
Lori
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 09:35

Plan: Atkins / Isagenix/ IF
Stats: 282.5/210/160 Female 5'7
BF:71%/31.66%/20%
Progress: 59%

Good job! Don't fret about that slow month. Mine was and is still really slow. I have discovered that nuts, fake sugar, and more then 3 oz of cheese a day slow me or stall me as well. But keeping my fat up and exersicing really helps!

Keep trucking!

Cybil
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 10:37

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Great going! I , too, love this wol!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 12:03
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Hey Catherine,

Way to go. Two months is QUITE an accomplishment! Keep thinking those positive thoughts!

Jeannie
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 14:18

Plan: Healthy Eating
Stats: 200/193/170 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Congratulations to you!!

I am glad I'm not the only one losing inches and not pounds. Even though I know it probably upsets you that you went a month without any weight loss, you are giving me inspiration to just keep on going with my program. As I have gone 2 1/2 months and have only lost 7 pounds but quite a few inches.

I also just passed up TONS of sweets at a bridal shower this morning. I chuckled to myself when going through the brunch line---I took eggs and ham and when it came to the sweets, I stood in line WITH MY EYES CLOSED waiting until the person in front of me got her sweets. I just LOVE when I have willpower like that!!!

Good luck to you and thanks for giving me the willpower to keep on this program!!
"T"
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 14:18
Registered Member

Stats: 230/200/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

2 1/2 months for me and I feel exactly the same as you do! I, too, got a great feeling this morning when I was down 2 more pounds after not losing anything for 2 weeks. Someone told me that when that happens, it generally means that your loss is actually fat and not water. So now, I just stay with the program and look forward to those losses.

Thanks for sharing!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 14:19
Registered Member

Stats: 230/200/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

BTW.....where do you get all those great graphics? Especially the "Cheatfree Days" one?