Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Two months of Atkins and I feel Great! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=135417)

CMCCAB1 Sat, Sep-06-03 09:18

Two months of Atkins and I feel Great!

Today I am celebrating two months of this WOE!!

I can not believe how wonderful I feel. After watching many friends and coworkers lose weight over the years, I was always a skeptic.
I think I feel so great beacause I am not on a diet, but I have changed my eating habits FOREVER!

The last month has been a bit if a struggle with no pounds lost. However, I am down one pound this morning and I have lost a ton of inches. Going from a very fat 16/18 to a perfect 14 at Banana Republic (and their stuff is cut slim!)

I think I have identified that nuts, sugar free chocolates, and too much cheese cause me to lose very slowly. The key here is moderation.
I actually ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory yesterday and did not even think about chessescake or any dessert at all! Gone are the sugar and carb cravings!

I could go on and on! Thanks for letting me share some of my success and happiness with all of you!

ImHere Sat, Sep-06-03 09:34

Congratulations!:dazzle:
Isn't it great? And its a really good learning experience. Those first few days of detoxing really taught me just how bad for me the things I was putting into my body really were.

I'm so happy for you. Kepp it up.
Lori

csolyn Sat, Sep-06-03 09:35

Good job! Don't fret about that slow month. Mine was and is still really slow. I have discovered that nuts, fake sugar, and more then 3 oz of cheese a day slow me or stall me as well. But keeping my fat up and exersicing really helps!

Keep trucking!

Cybil

jers52 Sat, Sep-06-03 10:37

Great going! I , too, love this wol!

JeannieM Sat, Sep-06-03 12:03

Hey Catherine,

Way to go. Two months is QUITE an accomplishment! Keep thinking those positive thoughts! :) :)

Jeannie

jodarby Sat, Sep-06-03 14:18

2 1/2 months for me and I feel exactly the same as you do! I, too, got a great feeling this morning when I was down 2 more pounds after not losing anything for 2 weeks. Someone told me that when that happens, it generally means that your loss is actually fat and not water. So now, I just stay with the program and look forward to those losses.

Thanks for sharing!

trw1966 Sat, Sep-06-03 14:18

Congratulations to you!! :clap:

I am glad I'm not the only one losing inches and not pounds. Even though I know it probably upsets you that you went a month without any weight loss, you are giving me inspiration to just keep on going with my program. As I have gone 2 1/2 months and have only lost 7 pounds but quite a few inches.

I also just passed up TONS of sweets at a bridal shower this morning. I chuckled to myself when going through the brunch line---I took eggs and ham and when it came to the sweets, I stood in line WITH MY EYES CLOSED waiting until the person in front of me got her sweets. I just LOVE when I have willpower like that!!!

Good luck to you and thanks for giving me the willpower to keep on this program!!
"T" :)

jodarby Sat, Sep-06-03 14:19

BTW.....where do you get all those great graphics? Especially the "Cheatfree Days" one?