Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 17:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/149/135
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default questions about Atkins products

Hi everyone

I have a few questions, hopefully someone will know the answers.

I finally found a health food store that is selling KETO products and only 3 Atkins products.
The owner said that it is next to impossible to import Atkins products from the states, anyone know why?

I did purchase the keto hot cereal mix and the muffin/pancake mix so that my breakfast choices will be more interesting to me.

I am wondering if I should purchase the 1 Atkins product that was not outrageously expensive--the advantage bar?? for those times when I need something sweet (pms) lol

Why is it so hard to find Atkins stuff here and when you do find it it is extremely expensive????

the other good piece of news today, I was watching my local tv station City Tv in Toronto, and they were doing an interview with
some people who were discussing low carb food and recipes.
They have a new cookbook that they were promoting "Low Carb Comfort Food Recipes"
It seems to me that more and more people are realizing that low
carb does not mean we are eating tons and tons of fat and nothing else.
It does mean that we are eating tons of vegetables, lots of water, lean good meat, and no bad carbs

Finally, its starting to sink in

Yeah!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 19:18
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
They have a new cookbook that they were promoting "Low Carb Comfort Food Recipes"

They were the Eades who wrote the Protein Power books.

Why don't you take a cross border shopping trip for the products? Or better still, make your own. The Atkins baking products, IMHO, are really sweet or soya-y because they contain soy flour and only Splenda. In Canada, we have the advantage of using both Splenda and Sugar Twin which gives a much better taste.

Karen